Custom links for each department?

Last post 11-12-2013, 5:27 PM by MartyBleck. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-11-2012, 2:46 PM 72637

Custom links for each department?

Hi,

I was wondering if there was a way where I could have a link to the chat on one page that defaults to one department, and another link on a different page that would pre-select a different option in the department dropdown.
  •  01-12-2012, 6:12 AM 72644 in reply to 72637

Re: Custom links for each department?

Hi mmartinx,

1) open file “CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\SupportClient.aspx”
    2) The select control below is the department dropdown list

input_department

3)     You can handle its items by javascript, like below. The code below will remove all departments except "Support".

<script>
    var input_department=document.getElementById("input_department");
         for (var i = input_department.options.length - 1; i >= 0; i--)
        {
            //only show the Support department
            if(input_department.options[i].text!="Support")
            {
        //remove other departments except Support
                input_department.options.remove(i);
            }
        }
    </script>

Regards,

Ken 

•  10-30-2013, 5:48 PM 78231 in reply to 72644

If your placing the support-image-button.js.aspx file on the site what should be put in the url?  ?input_department=sales

I have tried this and it doesn't work.  I don't see the querystring being passed along.  Do I have to make changes to both the support-image-button.js.aspx and supportredirect.asps files?  I to have different departments that want the default department to show there department. Thanks in advance for the help.

•  10-31-2013, 1:25 PM 78255 in reply to 78231

Hi MartBleck,

Is nothing about the support-image-button.js.aspx. the department dropdown control is in the SupportClient.aspx, so you only need to change the code of this file. For example, if you want to show the department depends on the current user name, then you need to get the current user name in file SupportClient.aspx directly. not send by the querystring.

Regards,

Ken 

•  11-12-2013, 5:27 PM 78358 in reply to 78255

Hi Ken,

I see that but lets say I have 3 people in sales and 4 in service and I place the links on those two pages I was hoping to be able to have the department dropdown defualted to that department. ie Sales or Service.  It looks like the only way I can do this is to make sure the querystring is carried through until the supportclient.aspx page.  I haven't had time to dig deep into this and wasn't sure if there was already a function coded for this option.

Marty 

View as RSS news feed in XML