Multiple albums in DNN with DotNetGallery module

Last post 09-26-2005, 5:09 AM by Razzamataz. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-06-2005, 4:45 PM 6476

Multiple albums in DNN with DotNetGallery module

How are you guys handling multiple albums in DNN and the DotNetGallery module?  I don't see how you can pass a variable to the module in DNN (ie .aspx?album=album_name_here).  I was thinking that creating a new album would be as simple as creating a new page and embedding the code from the DotNetGallery module (dotnetgallery.acsx) into the body of the page.  But this does not work, adding the module through the module definition in DNN is obviously passing more variables than I am aware of to the page.

Thanks for the help,

Jeff
  •  05-24-2005, 1:07 AM 6949 in reply to 6476

Re: Multiple albums in DNN with DotNetGallery module

Hi Jeff

I was wondering if you have managed to find a solution to this problem?

We have exactly the same issue. I can make the dotNetGallery use different albums/folders in an ASP.NET application but cant work out how to do it in DotNetNuke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Simon
  •  05-30-2005, 2:45 AM 7110 in reply to 6949

It doesn't look like dotnetgallery is fully supported by DNN's user friendly interface. So here's what I did.

1. Create an HTML page that links to the individual galleries
    2. To get this hooked into DNN, I created a blank page with an IFrame module on it that points to that HTML page.

That did the trick for me and works like a charm.

Mark

•  09-26-2005, 5:09 AM 11010 in reply to 7110

slidenv,

Could you explain in detail how you did this?
    I'm trying to create albums in DotNetNuke 3.1.1 using DotNetNukeGallery, but always get thumbnails from pictures in one and the same folder.

I merely created two different pages, each containing the DotNetNukeGallery module. Unfortenately, there is no way to set the folderpath for each module at designtime.

As a consequence, the FolderPath parameter in the <CE:Gallery> control always point to the same folder.

View as RSS news feed in XML