Right clicking on user name in chat...

Last post 05-12-2005, 1:01 PM by ingig. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-2005, 11:33 PM 6501

Right clicking on user name in chat...

Hi,

I noticed when I first started messing around with the chat that I could right click a user's name in the chatroom and this would give me a list of options....one being to invite them to a private chat.  Now, for whatever reason, when I right click it doesn't do this.  Anyone know why?
  •  05-09-2005, 11:43 AM 6525 in reply to 6501

Re: Right clicking on user name in chat...

Hello

Do you see any error message in the IE status bar ?

Regards , Terry .
  •  05-12-2005, 1:01 PM 6623 in reply to 6525

Re: Right clicking on user name in chat...

I had the same problem, but then I saw that I had disabled private chat globally, so maybe you should check that.

A bug when using IE still allowed me to create a private chat, if I double click the user a private chat window popped up and the invite message was sent to the user.

Also after I enabled the private chat globally it worked great in IE both via context menu and by double clicking the user. But neither context menu nor double clicking works in Firefox. The is no js error. I also made sure that Firefox allows the webpage to replace the context menu. It works great if IE user invites a Firefox user, the private chat window popps up and the users can chat together.
    After looking through the code for I found out that ShowTargetUserContextMenu in CH_Skin.js.aspx is never called in Firefox.

Hope some of this helps
    Ingi

View as RSS news feed in XML