Stop Running this script error in IE - Firefox works fine

Last post 12-24-2010, 5:07 AM by ussu36. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-16-2010, 1:40 AM 65026

Stop Running this script error in IE - Firefox works fine

We randomly get a stop running this script popup in IE while paplying formatting to text. No such error comes in Firefox. Cutesoft support advised me that embedded tags caused tihs issue but then a business user doesnt know what is an embedded tag and how to fix it. So for our clients this is a bug. Moreover why doesnt it happen in Firefox?
    There is a workaround for this and that is to tell the editor to use FONT tags instead of SPAN (editor.UseFontTags = true ). However if you create new inline styles or add a new font size, those new items still use SPAN instead of FONT and thus the error appears (the predefined font sizes use the FONT tag is property is set to true).
    So it seems that the editor has a problem while trying to insert a span tag and no problem when inserting a font tag. Even if you could fix the behaviour of new font size and inline style to use FONT instead of SPAN, it will be good with us.

It will be greatly appreciated if this can be resolved.

Kenneth knows exactly what I'm talking about and I also forwarded the emails to Adam. It happens with even a single line of html as Kenneth himself provided an example.

Thanks.

p.s. I'm using version 6.6 which I believe is the latest

This small harmless line of html "<div> <em>A</div><div></div></em>" (without quotes) hangs IE when you try to change the font color of A in the CuteEditor demos hosted on cutesoft site (both .net and asp).

•  11-16-2010, 10:26 AM 65035 in reply to 65026

Re: Stop Running this script error in IE - Firefox works fine

Dear ussu36,

We are investigating this issue and will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your business
  •  12-24-2010, 5:07 AM 65516 in reply to 65035

Re: Stop Running this script error in IE - Firefox works fine

Hi,
    I tried the same thing on your site today and it didnt hang the browser. I then proceeded and downloaded the latest version (even though it said 6.6., a lot of files were updated on 22nd december). When I now run the same example on my site it doesnt hang. So it means that the issue was addressed? Didnt see it in any news/announcements. Also i had previously sent a font issue when using custom sizes like 11pt, 13pt (the drop down didnt show size when i clicked on text which used this font size) and it also seems to be fixed now.
    Thanks for that however a proper announcement and bug fix list would be helpful. I see a bug fix list in news and announcements but it doesnt tell which version (asp, .net or PHP) and also doesnt list my issues.
    Thanks.

View as RSS news feed in XML