Parser Error on first installation of CuteEditor .NET

Last post 02-05-2010, 3:05 PM by jgarifuna. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-03-2010, 3:29 PM 58516

Parser Error on first installation of CuteEditor .NET

I downloaded the CuteEditor .NET version and installed it on my dev system. For both framework 2.0 and 1.x, I get the following error. Any ideas how to resolve this?

My local URL is: http://localhost/SampleASP/CuteEditor_for_NET6/Framework%201.x/cs/editRTF.aspx

Server Error in '/SampleASP' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteEditor' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cutesoft" TagName="banner" Src="banner.ascx" %>
    Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cutesoft" TagName="leftmenu" Src="leftmenu.ascx" %>
    Line 4: <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>
    Line 5: <html>
    Line 6: <head>

Source File: /SampleASP/CuteEditor_for_NET6/Framework 1.x/cs/editRTF.aspx    Line: 4

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CuteEditor' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1873; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433  
  •  02-03-2010, 3:44 PM 58517 in reply to 58516

Re: Parser Error on first installation of CuteEditor .NET

Dear jgarifuna,

your local  URL is: 
    You cannot run the .net 1.x dll in .net 2.0 framework.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  02-04-2010, 2:05 PM 58534 in reply to 58517

Thanks for responding Eric.

When I tried the URL you recommend, I get the following error. Any ideas how to resolve it?

Server Error in '/SampleASP' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteEditor' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 2:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="cutesoft" TagName="banner" Src="banner.ascx" %>
    Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="cutesoft" TagName="leftmenu" Src="leftmenu.ascx" %>
    Line 4: <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>
    Line 5: <html>
    Line 6: <head>

Source File: /SampleASP/CuteEditor_for_NET6/Framework 2.0/cs/editRTF.aspx    Line: 4

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CuteEditor' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1873; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433  
  •  02-04-2010, 3:24 PM 58536 in reply to 58534

Dear jgarifuna,

please follow steps:

1. create one virtual directory in your local computer, call it "cuteeditortest", and let it point to folder:
        CuteEditor_for_NET6/Framework 2.0

Regards,
    Eric
  •  02-04-2010, 3:24 PM 58537 in reply to 58534

Dear jgarifuna,

please follow steps:

1. create one virtual directory in your local computer, call it "cuteeditortest", and let it point to folder:

Regards,
    Eric
  •  02-04-2010, 3:24 PM 58538 in reply to 58534

Dear jgarifuna,

please follow steps:

Regards,
    Eric
  •  02-05-2010, 3:05 PM 58553 in reply to 58538

Eric,

That seems to work. 

I went back to my former installation and removed the space from Framework 2.o so that it became "Framework2.0" and still was not working.

1. Can you explain why your suggestion works and installation on any random folder does not?

2. If we settle on using this software (.NET edition), how many  days can we use it before we purchase it?

Thanks,

Jorge
View as RSS news feed in XML