Editor won't work over SSL

Last post 11-03-2009, 3:33 PM by melyssa. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-03-2009, 3:33 PM 56888

Editor won't work over SSL

I have Cute Editor for .NET v 6.4, and I cannot get the editor to work over SSL. I have followed the instructions to remove all example data from the Common.config file, but no luck. In IE8, I am first prompted with a security warning, "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?". (I do not receive this message on any other page other than the one that uses the Cute Editor.)

If I choose yes, then the editor box loads, but does not include the toolbar or icons, and sometimes (not all the time), it does not include one or more of the Normal, HTML, or Preview buttons. I cannot click inside of the editor box, and cannot click the Normal, HTML, or Preview buttons. Also, I get a JavaScript error that says "Object doesn't support this property or method." Details below:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:20:25 UTC

Line: 355
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: <URL removed>

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If I choose no, then I receive a series of pop-up messages that say "Failed to load impl time! /CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=scripts&file=IE_Implementation." And again, I cannot click inside of the editor box, and the Normal, HTML, and Preview buttons don't work, and some are missing.   Also, I get a JavaScript error that says "Access is denied." with reference to the Load.ashx page. Details below:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; InfoPath.2)
    Timestamp: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:18:38 UTC

Line: 3
    Char: 19112
    Code: 0
    URI: <first part of URL removed>/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=scripts&file=IE_Loader
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The same thing occurs when I have IE8 in compatibility mode.

In Firefox, I have similar problems. However the toolbar and the icons do show up, but I am not able to click on any part of the editor; my cursor simply turns into a circle with a line through it. If I try to click on one of the Normal, HTML, or Preview buttons, I get an error: "CuteEditor_GetEditor(this).ExecImageCommand is not a function." One other thing I should mention is that on page load, in Firebug, I get the following error: "Security Error: Content at http://<url removed>/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=scripts&file=Gecko_Implementation&getModified=1."

As I mentioned, I believe this is an SSL issue because everything works just fine until I deploy to an identical site running over SSL. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Melyssa

Filed under:
View as RSS news feed in XML