Next question - How can I get the chat to save font size/name/color for the users?

Last post 08-25-2009, 7:25 PM by kpcrash. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-16-2009, 8:07 PM 54723

Next question - How can I get the chat to save font size/name/color for the users?

Looked through the Sample portal a bit, but nothing really jumps out as where I would hook in to save user properties? I see the private settings column in DB, but there's no real documentation on what all is available.
  •  08-25-2009, 12:27 PM 55030 in reply to 54723

Re: Next question - How can I get the chat to save font size/name/color for the users?

Dear kpcrash ,

About your customization, the steps are as follows:

1. One user login to chat room
        URL: CuteChat\Chat Web Messenger standalone\Web\CuteSoft_Client\CuteChat\Channel.aspx
        When user login, you need to read the setting data of this user from database, and then set the current used font,color to the one which are saved in database.

2. When this user quit chat room, you need to get the setting and write it to database. This is a customization function, you need to create new table and store the user setting data.

Regards,
    Eric
  •  08-25-2009, 7:25 PM 55042 in reply to 55030

Re: Next question - How can I get the chat to save font size/name/color for the users?

No problem creating it - any guidance on where those variables are stored when the user sets them initially? Are the session-level? Cookie? Just trying to save a little on time on info I'm sure you guys already have.

Thanks!
View as RSS news feed in XML