How to precompile ASP.NET Web Application project with CuteEditor?

Last post 06-12-2008, 5:54 AM by tobias123. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-12-2008, 4:42 AM 41349

How to precompile ASP.NET Web Application project with CuteEditor?

Hi,

i have a Visual Studio 2008 ASP.NET Web Application project (the only project in the solution) that is targeted .NET Framework 2.0 (this is NOT a ASP.NET Web Site "Project"). Within the root of my project i copied the "CuteSoft_Client" folder but i have NOT added it to the project itself - i can only see it when i switch to "Show All Files" in the solution explorer of VS2008. I added the CuteEditor.dll as a reference to the project. My Web Application is compiling fine and everything works - CuteEditor, too.

To make it easier deploying the project to our production server i added a web deployment project to the solution (under the Build menu - if you installed the addon: http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2008/01/28/vs-2008-web-deployment-project-support-released.aspx). But when i try to build the web deployment project it gives me some errors:

Error    1    Der Typ "CuteEditor.Dialogs.GetFileThumb" konnte nicht geladen werden.    /myproject.csproj/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Dialogs/GetFileThumb.aspx    1    1    myproject.csproj_deploy

translated: The type  "CuteEditor.Dialogs.GetFileThumb" could not been loaded

How to get the project precompiled?
    I want to uncheck the option "Allow this precompiled site to be updateable", too, after precompilation - updateable is working.

The cuteeditor version in the reference says 5.0.0.0.

Thanks, tobias

Filed under: ,
  •  06-12-2008, 5:54 AM 41352 in reply to 41349

Re: How to precompile ASP.NET Web Application project with CuteEditor?

I just updated to currently latest version 6.1.0.0. But i still get errors:

Error    1    Die Datei oder Assembly CuteEditor.ImageEditor oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.    /myproject.csproj/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/ImageEditor/imageeditor.aspx    3    1    myproject.csproj_deploy
    Error    2    Unbekanntes Servertag CE:ImageEditor.    /myproject.csproj/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/ImageEditor/imageeditor.aspx    57    1    myproject.csproj_deploy
    Error    3    Die Datei oder Assembly CuteEditor.ImageEditor oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.    /myproject.csproj/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/ImageEditor/imageeditorTest.aspx    3    1    myproject.csproj_deploy
    Error    4    Unbekanntes Servertag CE:ImageEditor.    /myproject.csproj/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/ImageEditor/imageeditorTest.aspx    58    1    myproject.csproj_deploy

errors 1 + 3 mean: The file or assemply (as above) or one of it dependencies could not be found. The system could not find the file: (as above)
    errors 2 + 4 mean: Unknown servertag (as above)

after adding CuteEditor.ImageEditor.dll and NetSpell.SpellChecker.dll as a reference to the web application project and putting the .dic files in the \bin i will get these errors:

Error    1    Der Typ CuteEditor.Editor hat keine öffentliche Eigenschaft mit dem Namen pageproperties.    /wfmg.csproj/_cms/InvestNewsSend.aspx    34    1    wfmg.csproj_deploy
    Error    2    Inhalt (</PageProperties>) entspricht keiner Eigenschaft in CuteEditor.Editor; achten Sie auf Wohlgeformtheit.    /wfmg.csproj/_cms/InvestNewsSend.aspx    35    1    wfmg.csproj_deploy

error 1 means: The type (as above) has not a public property named (as above)
    2 means: Content (as above) does not relay to the property in (as above), pay attention to well-formed.

EDIT:
     i could fix these errors in my project. now the site precompiles "updateable", but if i want the site to get precompiled without being updateable i will get errors again. (colorpicker_more_old.aspx)

Please help

View as RSS news feed in XML