Auto-Close Buddy List Window / Chat interactively without buddy list

Last post 08-21-2007, 6:50 PM by mark212. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-10-2007, 12:11 PM 32384

Auto-Close Buddy List Window / Chat interactively without buddy list

Hi Adam,

Please let me know regarding the below issue we are trying to figure out how to resolve.

Since there is a difference between the cute messager online status and the website user online status, currently we must open the buddy list window first to set cute messager status as online. (If cute messager status isn’t online, instant message go offline also, which we don't want.)

We are trying to find out if there is a way that users can send instant message interactively even if they don’t open that buddy list window?

When users logout of the website, we want to exit that chat window and buddy list window. We are trying to find out if there is a way to exit the chat window automatically when the session expires.

If the chat window don’t exit when the user log outs, then when user re-logs in by using other username, since the buddy window is open, it won't need to reload itself and use proper username. It will have prior username. This is confusing to the user.

* Is there a way to get instant messages even if user doesn’t open the buddy list window?

* Is there a way to close the chat window and buddy list window if session expires?

Thank You.

•  08-21-2007, 10:16 AM 32654 in reply to 32384

Re: Auto-Close Buddy List Window / Chat interactively without buddy list

Adam/Anyone?

Could someone respond to explain how we can implement a session timeout?

We have tried to ask in online support, telephone, forum, etc and no one responds. We were told support comes with this product.

Thanks.

•  08-21-2007, 1:49 PM 32672 in reply to 32384

Don'T  take this wrong, but good to see that you are not getting help either. I was starting to take the lack of response to my posts personally :)

•  08-21-2007, 6:50 PM 32696 in reply to 32672

Yea....well I guess people who are thinking of purchasing this product will soon realize the support is very minimal. :(
View as RSS news feed in XML