Upgrade to CuteEditor 5.1 fails

Last post 01-13-2006, 2:28 PM by Karen. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-12-2006, 7:08 PM 14685

Upgrade to CuteEditor 5.1 fails

I upgraded my DNN site from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 and my CuteEditor stopped working. I decided to upgrade the Cuteditor as well with the latest 5.1 version. I get the following error now on my DNN logviewer:

ModuleId: -1
    ModuleDefId: -1
    FriendlyName:
    ModuleControlSource:
    AssemblyVersion: 03.02.02
    Method: CuteEditor.Impl.c.GetLicense
    FileName:
    FileLineNumber: 0
    FileColumnNumber: 0
    PortalID: 0
    PortalName: Snoqualmie Website
    UserID: 1
    UserName: host
    ActiveTabID: 36
    ActiveTabName: Home
    AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
    AbsoluteURLReferrer:
    ExceptionGUID: 86eea135-0b11-488c-a00e-08475a216a35
    DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
    InnerException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane
    Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for "DotNetNuke.Modules.HTMLEditorProvider.HtmlEditorProvider" threw an exception. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: The License for Editor is not valid. at CuteEditor.Impl.c.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions) at CuteEditor.EditorLicenceProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license) at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) at CuteEditor.Editor..ctor() at DotNetNuke.HtmlEditor.CEHtmlEditorProvider..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObject(String TypeName, String CacheKey) at DotNetNuke.Framework.Reflection.CreateObject(String ObjectProviderType, String ObjectProviderName, String ObjectNamespace, String ObjectAssemblyName) at DotNetNuke.Modules.HTMLEditorProvider.HtmlEditorProvider.CreateProvider() at DotNetNuke.Modules.HTMLEditorProvider.HtmlEditorProvider..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at DotNetNuke.Modules.HTMLEditorProvider.HtmlEditorProvider.Instance() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.UserControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleInfo objModule, PortalSettings PortalSettings) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    StackTrace:
    Source:
    Server Name: SQ-WEB02

Is there a newer version out there or is it just the license file that is bad? I kept the original license file that I had for CuteEditor 4.5. Please let me know what it is that I need to do in order to get this editor upgraded. Thanks!
  •  01-13-2006, 4:40 AM 14708 in reply to 14685

Re: Upgrade to CuteEditor 5.1 fails

Did you copy the license file to the bin folder? If you upgrade a 'default' license file is copied and that one does not work on your domain. You need to copy the license file you received from Karen to the bin folder.
  •  01-13-2006, 12:28 PM 14718 in reply to 14708

Re: Upgrade to CuteEditor 5.1 fails

This is indeed a license file issue. I just copied the demo license file in the bin directory and CuteEditor worked perfect. But when I copy my original license file (small business license) the editor fails to load.

Adam,
    Who do I talk to about this. This is a development box that we are testing the DNN upgrade on and CuteEditor seems to be our only hang up at this point. I would certainly appreciate any help regarding this matter. Our domain name is ci.snoqualmie.wa.us and both the production and development box is in the same domain.

Thanks.
View as RSS news feed in XML