WINIE.js

Last post 01-06-2006, 6:14 AM by rcroeder. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-04-2006, 11:53 AM 14404

WINIE.js

Adam, I see a lot of posts where you reference changing a line in the WinIE.js file.

My WinIE.js file appears to have some type of encryption?

Is there a way to get a WinIE.js file that is in a legible format? I have one long line of code.

Thanks

•  01-04-2006, 12:33 PM 14408 in reply to 14404

Re: WINIE.js

What version do you have? I have a version of WinIE.js that I've formated into a legible format. I can send you mind with the custom functions removed. I'm on version 4.2.
  •  01-04-2006, 1:10 PM 14412 in reply to 14408

I'm not sure, how would I find out? I do know it was purchased about 3 weeks ago.

What I'm most interested in, is figureing out how the image page brows_img.asp is called. I would like to change that page to hit a database, but I need to pass a parameter to it. I've already done a test with hard coded values and it does fine getting the files out of the db.

Thanks.

•  01-04-2006, 3:08 PM 14430 in reply to 14408

Hello markg!

I saw that you have a version of WinIE.js in a legible format. Would it be possible to get a copy of that? That would really help, so I could make some own changes for things that otherwise would not work. I have realized that there are things that needs to be edited and/or edited in that file. I am using version 4.2

Thanks

nisse
  •  01-04-2006, 3:28 PM 14433 in reply to 14430

Yeah, how do you want me to send it to you? I'll leave my custom functions (I'll add some comments for you) in so you can see how to add your own custom buttons that do more than just insert text. You'll be able to create your own popups (like the image manager, flash manager, etc) and insert the data returned from the popup into the editor.
  •  01-06-2006, 6:14 AM 14489 in reply to 14433

Decrypting the js files you should do at your own risk. It is not for the light hearted. Decrypting for your own use is one thing, exchanging between people however may be a violation of your user agreement and will make some lawyer very happy, and your employer not. The encrypted code is the intellectual property of CuteSoft, decrypting and redistribution of that code is a clear violation of copyright. If you have a decrypted version of the files from CuteSoft (I believe you can purchase that option) and you redistribute them, you may lose you developer license.

Guys this is not open source code, so please treat it as such. I sometimes may be a bit off the wall with some of my comments or ideas, but even when I need to make changes to the JS files, I always do it in the encrypted version. I would however prefer to have CuteSoft incorporate my needs into the product rather than to pull apart their code. When I do hammer down a change I have always sent a copy to them.

RC

p.s. Adam you will be getting a copy of the changes I made to the js files for the resizing next week and the changes I made for the xml document.

p.s.s. I do not work for CuteSoft, nor do I speak for them in anyway. My comments and suggestions are my own.

View as RSS news feed in XML