User unable to use any toolbars - Javascript error.

•  11-16-2006, 4:50 AM

User unable to use any toolbars - Javascript error.

Hi,

I have a problem with 2 out of about 20 user sites are running a system has CuteSoft Editor integrated into it.

Basically, none of the options on the toolbar work at all and when the page is loaded they are getting an error: "Permission denied".

Although I can't recreate the problem, i am lucky that there is a good support guy at the site who will work through issues for me, I have had him do the following;

Sent him to the Cutesoft Demo, this works fine!
       I have updated my pages to run on the latest Cutsoft version and am  still experiencing the problem
       I have created a page outside of the system which is a standard editor, no frills - http://proofing.ctn.tv/debug - this also doesn't work

As I say this problem only occurs at these 2 sites - the PC's on these sites are in the public sector, so firewalls etc are stringent.

They have found that putting on IE7.0 seems to fix the problem, also ensuring machines are have all the microsoft XP patches seems to fix the problem.

I know I should just tell them to ensure they are patched, but it doesn't explain why on the unpatched machines, the Cute-soft Demo site works fine?

Any help on this would really be appreciated!

Kindest regards,
    Martin Ayrton.

View Complete Thread