Page Linking

Last post 06-02-2004, 10:38 AM by Adam. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-12-2004, 7:07 PM 823

Page Linking

Bit of a tough one to explain but I will try...

I have got the editor creating pages and storing them to a MYSQL DB which is cool and all works fine. The problem is that I need to somehow put an extra button on the tool bar so a custom button can call a function to show a list of all the pages that have been saved in the DB to allow for users to highlight text and use that to link to one of the pages stored within the DB. I can create a generic ASP page that just needs an ID passed to it to allow the link to work, but i need to know if i can do that else linking to created pages is a pain and the only was is to educate the user to remember (for example page.asp?id=x) where x is the unique page id created when the page is saved to use as the link via the normal hyper link box...

Does that make sense and can it be done.....

Adam?

•  05-13-2004, 8:24 AM 828 in reply to 823

Re: Page Linking

Yes, it can be done, I have created a similar solution, but I used the standard link button and customized the link dialogue. The user can choose what can of link he wants to create (internal, http://, mail) and when he chooses internal, I show a drop down listbox with all the pages. I create this list from the DB and preload it in javascript. I use a javascript function to toggle the drop down with an input box.
  •  05-13-2004, 2:31 PM 832 in reply to 823

Eastwood, could you please post the code that displays the pages in the editor and the code that saves the pages to the DB?
  •  05-15-2004, 11:35 PM 852 in reply to 832

I would be interested in seeing the code as well.  If you are willing to share.
  •  05-19-2004, 11:11 AM 867 in reply to 828

Larch,

when they select the internal are you just doing a javascript visible change to show the list box, then how are you populating the link sent back are you hiding the text box at the same time?

any chance of a sneak at the JS

Cheers

•  06-02-2004, 10:21 AM 912 in reply to 867

do we have an update on this Adam?
  •  06-02-2004, 10:38 AM 913 in reply to 912

View as RSS news feed in XML