Support forums
in

DNN 7 error after install

Last post 02-18-2013, 12:42 PM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-17-2013, 5:10 PM 76883

DNN 7 error after install

After I installed cutechat and install all the files I get this error when I add the module to a page;

RawURL: /Community/Chat.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.wodnews.net/Default.aspx?tabid=126&error=Invalid+object+name+%27CuteChat4_Lobby%27.&content=0

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20130119 Firefox/18.0

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID: 4b2cade1-793a-4a7b-b888-ad80e0846ef8

InnerException: Invalid object name 'CuteChat4_Lobby'.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Invalid object name 'CuteChat4_Lobby'. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'CuteChat4_Lobby'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader() at CuteChat.SqlServerDataProvider.GetLobbies() at CuteChat.ChatDataManager.GetLobbies() at CuteChat.ChatApi.GetLobbyArray() at ASP.desktopmodules_cutesoft_client_cutechatcontrols_embedlobby_ascx.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any help appreciated. 

•  02-17-2013, 9:51 PM 76884 in reply to 76883

Re: DNN 7 error after install

Hi RevPeter,

I think you forget the step 2 below

2. Execute SQLScripts\CuteChat5.sql against your DotNetNuke database
    • Open your SQL Server Query Analyzer from within Enterprise Manager.
    • Once you have successfully connected to your SQL Server within query analyzer, open and execute the Chat SQL file(SQLScripts\CuteChat5.sql) against your DotNetNuke database.

Please open your dotnetnuke 7 database, do you find table "CuteChat4_Lobby" in it?

Regards,

Ken 

•  02-18-2013, 1:49 AM 76885 in reply to 76884

Thank you Ken that fixed it, I thought I ran it but apparently I did not. 

2 more questions;

1. Under the 'settings' for the module I do not see any chat settings like to make more rooms, adjust features of any kind.

2. How do I get the DNN display name of the member to show up in the chat room not their login name? 

Thank you again! 

•  02-18-2013, 12:42 PM 76886 in reply to 76885

HI RevPeter,

1. You can go to the chat admin panel to create new chat room and change the settings.

http://your_dnn_site/DesktopModules/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/chatadmin/default.aspx 

2. The display name handle by the method below in file "\App_Code\DNNChatProvider.vb". The red part is the display name setting, you can change it directly.

Public Overrides Function GetLogonIdentity() As CuteChat.AppChatIdentity

Dim user As DotNetNuke.Entities.Users.UserInfo = GetLogonUser()

If user Is Nothing Then

Return Nothing

End If

Return New CuteChat.AppChatIdentity(user.Username, False, ToUserId(user.Username), HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress)

End Function

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML