Spell check: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (CurrentText="<DIV>hallo</DIV>")

Last post 02-17-2011, 2:06 PM by frJericho. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-09-2011, 4:55 AM 66128

Spell check: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (CurrentText="<DIV>hallo</DIV>")

I just upgraded to latest version and I get this error when I click on the spell check button. This used to work without any problem previously.

1. System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (CurrentText="<DIV>hallo</DIV>").   
    2.    at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)   
    3.    at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)   
    4.    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()   
    5.    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm()   
    6.    at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull)   
    7.    at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()   
    8.    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   
    9.    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   
    10.    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   
    11.    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   
    12.    at ASP.PopUpSpell.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\dftmp\s0\deployment(83)\res\deployment(83).DataBrokerFull.WebRoleDataBroker.0\AspNetTemp\aspNetTemp\root\a924bda9\f8932641\App_Web_n2qpttxo.2.cs:line 0   
    13.    at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   
    14.    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)   

How can I resolved this problem?

Filed under:
  •  02-11-2011, 8:41 PM 66180 in reply to 66128

Re: Spell check: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (CurrentText="<DIV>hallo</DIV>")

hi frJericho,

Do you using ASP.NET 4.0? If so, please add the code below in your web.config and try again.

<httpRuntime requestValidationMode=″2.0″ />

Regards,

ken
  •  02-17-2011, 2:06 PM 66286 in reply to 66180

Re: Spell check: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (CurrentText="<DIV>hallo</DIV>")

Thanks, that solved the problem.
View as RSS news feed in XML