Need help with eval

Last post 02-03-2011, 1:27 PM by Eric. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-28-2011, 6:09 AM 65933

Need help with eval

Hi everyone,

I am trying to evaluate Live Support but am having issues.

I am running the process on my local machine using Windows XP Pro. I was able to unzip the project and compile it, set up the DB on my local SQLExpress instance, and get the project to run so that I can run the admin functions no problem.

However, when I try to run the Live Support Operator I am runing into issues. The URL of the compiled admin site is:

So I launch Live Operator with the Website URL as specified above and when I click login I get:

"Failed to connect chat service: System.Exception: CONNECTION:ERROR, License file not found at LiveSupport.ChatClient.Connect(Boolean now) at LiveSupport.MyApp.Run()"

I found the license file in the project under the CuteSoft_Client directory. SO I thought maybe if I add that directory to the URL that might help. So I changed the Website URL to:

I then got a server side error with a 404 error, SupportService.asmx not found.

What am I missing? Please help, the product looks promising, but if I can't get it to work to evaluate, there's no point.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

•  01-28-2011, 11:10 AM 65938 in reply to 65933

Re: Need help with eval

Dear Jon,

Please check whether "cutelivesupport.lic" is existing in "bin" folder. If it is not existing, please copy license to "bin" folder, after done, please try it again.

Thank you for asking
  •  01-28-2011, 12:47 PM 65939 in reply to 65938

Hi Eric,

The .lic file is indeed in the bin folder. I sent screen shots to you.

Thanks,
    Jon
  •  01-28-2011, 1:07 PM 65940 in reply to 65939

Dear ediguy,

"cutelivesupport.lic" should can be found in same folder as "cutechat.dll", please double check whether these two files are in same folder. If this issue still cannot be fixed, you can request live support, please visit http://CuteSoft.net, click on the big blue button on top that reads "online". We are here Monday - Friday between 9:30am and 17:30pm Eastern Standard Time.

Thank you for asking
  •  02-03-2011, 10:22 AM 66038 in reply to 65940

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the help the other day it was enlightening.

If I were to incorporate support into an existing site, would I need to take every component on the package and add it to the web application?

I am using Visual Studio 2010 and would like to incoporate the Chat Support button found in banner.ascx to the site.

1) Would I need a separate support site built in order to do this?
    2) Would I take all of the files and add them to my web application? If so, can they exist in a sub folder?

Also, I attempted to publish the site to my local host, but got the following error when I accessed the URL on attempting to login as admin:

Cannot open database "MyTestDB" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user '(machinename)\ASPNET'.

Obviously the machine name is the name of my local host. Is there a way to configure this in the web.config or some other methodology?

Thanks!
  •  02-03-2011, 1:27 PM 66039 in reply to 66038

Dear ediguy,

If I were to incorporate support into an existing site, would I need to take every component on the package and add it to the web application?
         You can refer to installation steps, http://cutesoft.net/live-support/Deployment/Live_Support_standalone/Deployment.htm , you only need follow those installation steps and you will can use it in own website.

1) Would I need a separate support site built in order to do this?

You don't have to create extra site, the cute live support can be integrated with your own site.

2) Would I take all of the files and add them to my web application? If so, can they exist in a sub folder?
        Folder "document" is not mandatory, other files are necessary when you install.

Also, I attempted to publish the site to my local host, but got the following error when I accessed the URL on attempting to login as admin:

Cannot open database "MyTestDB" requested by the login. The login failed.
    Login failed for user '(machinename)\ASPNET'.
          Please check your database connection string, you need make sure:
          1. Connection string is correct
          2. User in connection string need to be existing
          3. User should have full permission to visit database

Obviously the machine name is the name of my local host. Is there a way to configure this in the web.config or some other methodology?
         I am using the following connection string, it works fine on my end:
         (local): database host name
         CuteChat5.1: database name
         uid=cute:  database user name is "cute"
         pwd=cute: the password of user "cute"
         <appSettings>
                 <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=(local);database=Cutechat5.1;uid=cute;pwd=cute"/>
                  <add key="OnlineTimeout" value="300"/>
        </appSettings>

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML