cute chat cache without a log table

Last post 01-31-2011, 12:13 PM by Eric. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-24-2011, 3:29 AM 65849

cute chat cache without a log table

Hi

I hope someone can help me with another problem i want to solve. Is there any way to cache the chat log without saving the chat in a table on db?

(The reason why i want to do this is, i want the admin not be visible in the lobby, this could also be a separate page with view of the current ongoing chat and last 30 logs from cache ).

Kind regards
    Tajamal

•  01-24-2011, 8:53 AM 65853 in reply to 65849

Re: cute chat cache without a log table

Dear Tajamal,

The reason why i want to do this is, i want the admin not be visible in the lobby
            Once admin enter chat room, admin can see the chat records which is same as general users. By default, all chat log will be saved to database.

this could also be a separate page with view of the current ongoing chat and last 30 logs from cache
            Admin can login  and then open http://www.yourdomainanem.com/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/ChatAdmin/Log.aspx, admin will can see the chat logs.

Thank you for asking
  •  01-28-2011, 4:18 AM 65931 in reply to 65853

Hi Eric,

Thanks for making it clear to me that there is no other way to see the ongoing chat, except that you have to sign in as administrator and goto to chatadming/log.aspx page, which then loads the data from a db. 

I wanted to have a page with no signin in a lobby and see the ongoing chat, without any saved data in a db.

Kind regards
    Tajamal
  •  01-31-2011, 12:13 PM 65965 in reply to 65931

Dear tajamal,

Please open "/CuteSoft_Client/CuteChat/ChatAdmin/Log.aspx"
    You can find the following line:
    <%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="CuteChat.ChatAdminPage" %>
    You can change it to
    <%@ Page language="c#"  %>
    After done, your following requirement should can be implemented, the user don't need sign as administrator to review the chat logs.
    I wanted to have a page with no signin in a lobby and see the ongoing chat,
    All chat information will be saved to database.

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML