Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

Last post 09-07-2010, 7:27 PM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-01-2010, 12:58 PM 63793

Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

Hi there,

Everything is going well with the implementation of CuteEditor. I'm using a combination of an UpdatePanel and a TabContainer.

I'm now testing it in Safari and Chrome and it seems the editor freezes after a postback. I've seen some threads concerning the same issue, however I can't find a well working solution for my problem.

The structure of my page is like this:

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true">
       </asp:ScriptManager>   
       <asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
          <ContentTemplate>
             <cc1:TabContainer ID="TabContainer1" runat="server" CssClass="ajax__tab_technorati-theme" AutoPostBack="true">
                <cc1:TabPanel ID="tp1" runat="server">
                   <HeaderTemplate>
                      <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">Tab 1</span>
                   </HeaderTemplate>
                   <ContentTemplate>
                      <br />
                      Text over here
                      <br />
                   </ContentTemplate>
                </cc1:TabPanel>
                <cc1:TabPanel ID="tp2" runat="server">
                   <HeaderTemplate>
                      <span style="font-family:Arial;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;">Tab 2</span>
                   </HeaderTemplate>
                   <ContentTemplate>
                      <br />
                      <CE:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server" Height="400" Visible="false">
                      </CE:Editor>   
                      <br />
                   </ContentTemplate>
                 </cc1:TabPanel>
             </cc1:TabContainer>
           </ContentTemplate>
       </asp:UpdatePanel>

Since Safari and Chrome are widely used nowadays, I hope there is a solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Jesse 
  •  09-01-2010, 8:25 PM 63802 in reply to 63793

Re: Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

Hi JesseGrunn,

We are investigating this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken
  •  09-07-2010, 9:14 AM 63864 in reply to 63802

Re: Combination UpdatePanel and TabContainer causes CuteEditor to freeze in Chrome and Safari

Hi Ken,

Do you have any more info about this issue and is there a workaround availlble?

Kind regards,

Jesse
  •  09-07-2010, 7:27 PM 63871 in reply to 63864

Hi JesseGrunn,

We will fix this issue in next version.

Regards,

Ken
View as RSS news feed in XML