Blank page problem

Last post 11-20-2009, 4:45 AM by TonyHBrown. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-25-2009, 2:38 AM 56655

Blank page problem

Hi,

I have set up the trial version of the software, but the page I have added the control to is blank.

In Visual Studio, the error is '/GalleryFiles' could not be set on property Gallery Folder'

I have tried adding "~" to the path and also added permissions for the Network Service user for the directory.

Can you advise please?

Thanks
    Mark

•  10-25-2009, 9:03 AM 56656 in reply to 56655

Re: Blank page problem

Mark,

Did you check the html code ? nothing the server response ?

Was there any javascript error ?

Regards,
    Terry
  •  10-30-2009, 3:23 AM 56810 in reply to 56656

Hi Terry,

The HTML includes the following code.  There aren't any JS errors.

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Load.ashx?type=culture&culture=en-GB'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryLibrary.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Share/LibraryExt.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryMenu.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryBrowser.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Layout/Classic/Code.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Slider/NewWin/Code.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Viewer/LightBox/Code.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Popup/Default/Code.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Theme/Classic/Code.js'></script>
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Gallery.css' />
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Theme/Classic/Style.css' />
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Layout/Classic/Style.css' />
    <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Viewer/LightBox/Style.css' />
    <div id="ctl00_ContentFrame_dotnetgallery1" style="height:360px;width:420px;">

<!--Start Layout Template 'Classic'-->
    <table class="GalleryLayout" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="width:100%;height:100%;border-collapse:collapse;">
     <tr>
      <td valign="top" align="center" id='dng_photolist'>
      </td>
     </tr>
    </table>
    <div id='dng_uploaderholder' style='position:absolute;display:none'></div>
    <!--End Template-->

<script type='text/javascript'><!--
    var GalleryAjaxData={Controls:[
     {ClientID:'ctl00_ContentFrame_dotnetgallery1',UniqueID:'ctl00$ContentFrame$dotnetgallery1',Methods:[{Name:'UploadFiles',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'CreateCategory',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'DeleteCategory',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'DeletePhoto',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'UpdateCategory',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'UpdatePhoto',ParameterCount:4},{Name:'GetAllCategoryData',ParameterCount:0},{Name:'GetCategoryData',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'AddCategoryComment',ParameterCount:3},{Name:'AddPhotoComment',ParameterCount:4},{Name:'DeleteCategoryComment',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'DeletePhotoComment',ParameterCount:3}]}
    ]};
    --></script><script type='text/javascript' src='/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryAjax.js'><!-- --></script>
    </div>
    <script type='text/javascript'>var thegallerybrowser=new GalleryBrowser(
    {ClientID:'ctl00_ContentFrame_dotnetgallery1',UniqueID:'ctl00$ContentFrame$dotnetgallery1',Folder:'/gillianos2/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/',LoadHandler:'Load.ashx',Theme:'Classic',Culture:'en-GB',Layout:'Classic',Slider:'NewWin',Viewer:'LightBox',Popup:'Default',Editor:'Explorer',AlbumID:null,LogonUserID:null,LogonUserName:null,AllowEdit:null,AllowPostComment:null,AllowShowComment:1
    ,ScriptOption:{}
    ,Categories:[{'Title':null,'CategoryID':null,'Description':null,'Photos':[]}]});</script>
  •  11-10-2009, 3:16 AM 57007 in reply to 56810

Hi Mark,

Can you try the code below on your site?
    1. <%@ Page Language="C#" %>   
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="DotNetGallery" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>   
    5. <script runat="server">   
    6.     protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)   
    7.     {   
    8.         base.OnInit(e);   
    9.         GalleryBrowser1.AlbumID = "General";   
    10.     }   
    11. </script>   
    13. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">   
    14. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">   
    15. <head runat="server">   
    16.     <title>DotNetGallery</title>   
    17. </head>   
    18. <body>   
    19.     <form id="form1" runat="server">   
    20.         <DotNetGallery:GalleryBrowser runat="server" ID="GalleryBrowser1" Width="720" Height="430" />   
    21.     </form>   
    22. </body>   
    23. </html>  

If you still get the permission issue. Try give full permission(write/read) to user 'Everyone' of that folder (or the root folder).

Any problem you can mail to me directly.

Regards,

ken
  •  11-16-2009, 11:22 AM 57183 in reply to 56655

I downloaded the trial and also am experiencing the same issue. 
    followed your suggestion to try the code you posted at 11-10-2009, and was able to see the sample gallery just fine. The link below I created a test.aspx with the code below provided by Kenneth and all I get is a blank page. I have given the everyone group read/write access to the /Gallery folder that contains everything, the subfolder containing the pictures called /gallery/gallerytest also has read/write permissions. 

<!-- code in test2.aspx -->

<%@ Register TagPrefix="DotNetGallery" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>

<dotnetgallery:gallerybrowser id="dotnetgallery1" GalleryFolder="/Gallery/GalleryTest" runat="server"></dotnetgallery:gallerybrowser>

<!-- html output from test2.aspx -->

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Load.ashx?type=culture&culture=en-US'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryLibrary.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Share/LibraryExt.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryMenu.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryBrowser.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Layout/Classic/Code.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Slider/NewWin/Code.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Viewer/LightBox/Code.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Popup/Default/Code.js'></script>

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Theme/Classic/Code.js'></script>

<link rel='stylesheet' href='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Gallery.css' /> <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Theme/Classic/Style.css' /> <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Layout/Classic/Style.css' /> <link rel='stylesheet' href='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Viewer/LightBox/Style.css' /> <div id="dotnetgallery1" style="height:360px;width:420px;">

<!--Start Layout Template 'Classic'-->

<table class="GalleryLayout" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" style="width:100%;height:100%;border-collapse:collapse;">

<tr>

<td valign="top" align="center" id='dng_photolist'>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<div id='dng_uploaderholder' style='position:absolute;display:none'></div>

<!--End Template-->

<script type='text/javascript' src='/gallery/DotNetGallery_Uploader_Resource.axd?type=script&amp;_ver=633938400000006777'></script>

<script type='text/javascript'><!--

var GalleryAjaxData={Controls:[

{ClientID:'dotnetgallery1',UniqueID:'dotnetgallery1',Methods:[{Name:'UploadFiles',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'CreateCategory',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'DeleteCategory',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'DeletePhoto',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'UpdateCategory',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'UpdatePhoto',ParameterCount:4},{Name:'GetAllCategoryData',ParameterCount:0},{Name:'GetCategoryData',ParameterCount:1},{Name:'AddCategoryComment',ParameterCount:3},{Name:'AddPhotoComment',ParameterCount:4},{Name:'DeleteCategoryComment',ParameterCount:2},{Name:'DeletePhotoComment',ParameterCount:3}]}

]};

--></script><script type='text/javascript'

-->src='/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/Core/GalleryAjax.js'><!--

-->--></script>

</div>

<script type='text/javascript'>var thegallerybrowser=new GalleryBrowser(

{ClientID:'dotnetgallery1',UniqueID:'dotnetgallery1',Folder:'/gallery/CuteSoft_Client/Gallery/',LoadHandler:'Load.ashx',Theme:'Classic',Culture:'en-US',Layout:'Classic',Slider:'NewWin',Viewer:'LightBox',Popup:'Default',Editor:'Explorer',AlbumID:null,LogonUserID:null,LogonUserName:null,AllowEdit:null,AllowPostComment:null,AllowShowComment:1

,ScriptOption:{}

,Categories:[{'Title':null,'CategoryID':null,'Description':null,'Photos':[]}]});</script>

•  11-20-2009, 4:45 AM 57317 in reply to 57007

Hello there

I'm also having the blank page problem, and have tried the above with no success, which is shame as it it is exactly what I'm after (we use version 1.2 and it looks like this is leaps and bounds ahead)

We're on .NET 3.5, IIS 6. I'm using a trial version of 3.0.

My test application has a root of dotNetGalleryTest. Images are in dotNetGalleryTest/Images. Permissons set to full for everyone on all directories

The page includes the directive and DNG tag like this:

<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="galleryTest2.aspx.vb" Inherits="dotNetGalleryTest.galleryTest2" %>
    <%
    @ Register TagPrefix="DotNetGallery" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <
    html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <
    head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </
    head>
    <
    body>
    <
    form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
    <dotnetgallery:gallerybrowser id="dngGallery1" GalleryFolder="~/images" runat="server"></dotnetgallery:gallerybrowser> </div>
    </form>
    </
    body>
    </
    html>

In the codebehind I've put :

dngGallery1.AlbumID = "General"

In web.config I've added the httpmodule:

<httpModules>
    <
    add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    <
    add name="DotNetGallery.UploadModule" type="DotNetGallery.UploadModule,DotNetGallery"/>
    </
    httpModules>

When I run the page, the page comes up blank as in the other examples shown here.

I've tried different paths, number/size of images, permissions, setting paths in codebehind, and have run out of ideas. Would grateful for help - I don't reall want to develop the app I need to do in the old version!

Thanks

Tony

View as RSS news feed in XML