Attempting to deploy Demo version to server failing

Last post 04-17-2009, 2:56 PM by streaky. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-16-2009, 7:21 AM 51156

Attempting to deploy Demo version to server failing

Hi     I recently downloaded the demo, got it working on my local desktop machine and am attempting to move it to the webserver to test the demo deployment.  However i am recieving the following error.  Here is what i have verified.

using asp.net 3.5  C#

1) The Bin folder contains the license file as well as the .DLL file
    2) the web config file contians the ....
         <httpModules>
          <!-- UploadModule is optional , for the property Uploader.ShowProgress -->
          <add name="CuteWebUI.UploadModule" type="CuteWebUI.UploadModule,CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader"/>
        </httpModules>
    3) the page calling the uoloader contains at the top:
          <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
          <%@ Register Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" %>

but i still recieve the following error...
    is there anything else i should check for/do?

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:
    Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    Line 2:  <%@ Register Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" %>
    Line 3: 
    Line 4: 

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader' could not be loaded.
    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. 

•  04-16-2009, 11:09 AM 51162 in reply to 51156

Re: Attempting to deploy Demo version to server failing

Hi,

How about

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bc00d4b0e43ec38d" %>

or 3.0.0.0 (if you download it after 12/4)

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bc00d4b0e43ec38d" %>

??

Regards,
    Terry

•  04-16-2009, 3:15 PM 51184 in reply to 51162

Thanks for your response, but neither of those seemed to work.  Getting the same msgs.

Do i need som sort of "temp" key generated like the ones above?
    -john
  •  04-17-2009, 3:19 AM 51194 in reply to 51184

John,

I don't know why now.

Make sure you dll permission settings allow the ASP.NET read it.

Regards,
    Terry

•  04-17-2009, 2:56 PM 51224 in reply to 51194

I was able to fix this.....  I'll describe the problem below in case anyone else tries the same thing i did.

I apologize if this is already an understood notion but i did not realize the bin directory for my app had to be specifically under the base Web Directory.

I had my Web directory  and was creating a test folder underneath it to test the uplaoder... so my bin folder was inside a sub folder of the webdirectory.

WebDirectory/Test/Bin/  (dll and license file were here)

1) the bin directory needed to be directly under the Web directory Path.
    2) You can also have sub directories  but the bin file must remain at the base level of your web directory

so the following two paths can co - exist.

WebDirectory/Bin (Dll and license here) /
    WebDirectory/Test/UploadPage.aspx ( with uploader control here)

thanks.
    john
View as RSS news feed in XML