Login Integration

Last post 02-13-2009, 8:31 AM by rpdoty. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-12-2009, 10:40 AM 48669

Login Integration

I've seen this asked before and I've seen the support page (http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/Develope-Guide/) but I'm still not sure what to do.  I'm trying to integrate our existing membership provider so I don't have to log in to the Cute Chat.  I want their nickname to be their the membership user.  I've set the chat application up as a virtual directory.  I'm running a sql 2000 database.  What do I need to do to get the user and pass it along to the chat?  Please be as specific as possible as far as syntax.  Code sample would be great.  It seems like I have to override methods so where does that happen? Global.asax?

If that's not possible, I can pass the user in the querystring to this chat app.  How can I use that querystring variable to set the nickname of that user?

Thanks in advance.  I really appreciate it.

•  02-12-2009, 3:25 PM 48714 in reply to 48669

Re: Login Integration

•  02-13-2009, 8:31 AM 48746 in reply to 48714

Re: Login Integration

Ok.  Thanks for the reply.

I'm getting the following error:

"
    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
    "

We're running SQL Server 8.  I've seen in previous posts that you said that the connection string is probably incorrect.  Here is the format I'm using that's throwing the error.:

"Data Source=[server];Initial Catalog=[DB];User ID=[userid];Password=[password]";
    "server=[server];database=[database];uid=[userid];pwd=[password]"

Without this custom code in global.asax the chat works fine.  Here is the connection string in web.config that works:

"server=[server];database=[database];uid=[userid];pwd=[password]"

How does that look? Any ideas what's throwing this error?

Thanks again.

View as RSS news feed in XML