AutoConfigure and TemplateItemList in Codebehind Problems

Last post 12-04-2004, 2:28 AM by cutechat. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-01-2004, 9:55 AM 2742

AutoConfigure and TemplateItemList in Codebehind Problems

In version 2.0 and 3.0 I was creating custom templates in the code behind and everything worked fine.

I am testing version 4.0 and I found that the Template method was changed to the TemplateItemList.  After accessing the new method from the code behind page the custom template no longer works.

I also found that using the AutoConfigure Method in the code behind no longer works any longer.  As a test I was using 5 editors on a page.  Here is the code form the code behind page.

Dim Editor1 AsNew CuteEditor.Editor
    Dim Editor2 AsNew CuteEditor.Editor
    Dim Editor3 AsNew CuteEditor.Editor
    Dim Editor4 AsNew CuteEditor.Editor
    Dim Editor5 AsNew CuteEditor.Editor

PrivateSub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) HandlesMyBase.Load

Editor1.AutoConfigure = Editor1.AutoConfigure.Full
    Editor1.Height = Editor1.Height.Pixel(100)

Editor2.AutoConfigure = Editor2.AutoConfigure.Simple
    Editor2.Height = Editor2.Height.Pixel(100)

Editor3.AutoConfigure = Editor3.AutoConfigure.None
    Editor3.Height = Editor3.Height.Pixel(100)

Editor4.AutoConfigure = Editor4.AutoConfigure.Gecko
    Editor4.Height = Editor4.Height.Pixel(100)

Editor5.TemplateItemList = Editor5.TemplateItemList.Concat("Bold,Italic,Underline,JustifyLeft,JustifyCenter,JustifyRight,InsertUnorderedList,Separator,Indent, Outdent")
    Editor5.Height = Editor5.Height.Pixel(100)

EndSub

Drone

No one knows everything, so I come here to learn and teach.
  •  12-01-2004, 10:21 AM 2745 in reply to 2742

Re: AutoConfigure and TemplateItemList in Codebehind Problems

By changing them editors to Public I can access the ThemeType and the ContextMenus, but the Autoconfigure and TemplateItemList methods still fail to work.
    Drone

•  12-01-2004, 1:47 PM 2750 in reply to 2742

This is the answer I have received thus far:

In the new version, you can change the order of tools by modify the configuration file.

For example:

Open the CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/Autoconfigure/full.config

And change the order.

You can disable the ForeColor and BackColor by setting Visible attribute to

false:

<item type="ForeColor" Visible="false"/> <item type="BackColor"

Visible="false/>

The AutoConfigure will work not in the page load event.

It appears that my problem was missed.  If not, I cannot imagine removing functionality that existed in the previous three versions of the software.  To me this is a bug and should be addressed.

If I can access some of the editor properties from the code behind page, ie, the theme, height, width, bottombar, contextmenu and so on, I should be able to access the TemplateItemList and the Autoconfigure options.  They are there, but just don't work.  It makes no sense to remove the ability to access these two methods from the code behind page.

I would hate to have to move to another product because functionality was removed!!!!  This needs to be fixed.  If it is not a bug, then an example of setting the TemplateItemList and the Autoconfigure with version 4.0 in the code behind needs to be created.

I was very happy with this product until now!!!

Drone

•  12-01-2004, 4:14 PM 2761 in reply to 2742

I have now gotten the answer, after describing the problem again that they will look into it. 

It would be helpful to see how many other people are using the code behind pages to access and control the editor control.

Drone

•  12-02-2004, 8:39 AM 2782 in reply to 2761

Hi,

I'm still running CE 3.0 on my server, as it seems like I have to rewrite my application quite extensively.
    My application is linked into alot of virtual web servers using Virtual Directories and CE located in GAC. All customization of the editor is done in codebehind, as the different virtual web servers have different features enabled.

The default values and settings for all sites can be defined in XML files in the "CuteSoft_Client" directory, but I don't want to copy the client files into every website, as these customizations are stored in my SQL database for easier management.

I hope Adam and Terry will provide us with the codebehind tools we need, as CE 4.0 is a great piece of work and I'm looking forward to upgrade from 3.0

One feature I'd like to see in CE is a "Dirty-flag" that is accessible both from client and server. This flag should indicate whether the text has changes since last save (or custom command). this would be great for displaying a warning to the user if he/she tries to unload or reload a document without saving the current contents first.

Regards,
    Zapotec
  •  12-02-2004, 10:44 AM 2786 in reply to 2782

We make some changes for ce4.0 .  These changes make the editor better , but destroyed the programming pattern for ce3.0 ?

Thanks for all your feedback(s) . We are modifying some codes in order to make developers could use the ce4.0 more easyly . The code-behide problem could be resolved tonight .
    Regards , Terry .
  •  12-02-2004, 12:04 PM 2790 in reply to 2742

Just resolved this problem . We will upload it soon .
    Regards , Terry .
  •  12-02-2004, 8:10 PM 2810 in reply to 2790

Thanks Terry and Adam to your attention to this matter.  This was an important item especially for those of us who have built database driven editor templates for CMS systems and Knowledge Base systems.
    Drone

•  12-02-2004, 11:42 PM 2811 in reply to 2810

Terry,

I just tried the new control, as instructed by an email I received from Adam, and the problem still exists.  The date on the dll is 12/3/2004. 

I placed the control in my project, ran it, and the problem still exists.

Just wanted to let you and Adam know.

Drone

•  12-04-2004, 1:35 AM 2839 in reply to 2742

The problem has been fixed, the date of the dll that has the correction is 12/04/2004.
    Drone

•  12-04-2004, 2:28 AM 2840 in reply to 2839

Glad to hear that :)

Regards , Terry .
View as RSS news feed in XML