Error on trial version

Last post 03-13-2006, 1:20 PM by rcroeder. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-06-2006, 6:49 AM 16737

Error on trial version

Hello,

I have deployed your trial version as it is you instructed in your help file but when I load the simple.asp or default.asp file on browser it show following error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
    Server.CreateObject Failed
    /Cute_Editor/CuteEditor_Files/include_CuteEditor.asp, line 861
    800401f3

code on include_CuteEditor.asp, line 861 is below:

set doc = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument.4.0")

Please let me know what I need to do more here and repond asap.

Thank you,
    Imran Jaitapker

•  03-06-2006, 10:01 AM 16743 in reply to 16737

Re: Error on trial version

•  03-06-2006, 1:31 PM 16762 in reply to 16743

Hello Adam,

It seems that we need to make a reference to a required dll, this error generaly occure while system tries to refer a COM dll and its dll is not registered through regsvr32 method, as you are creating an instance [Set objDOMDoc = Server.CreateObject("Msxml2.DOMDocument.4.0") ] maybe required dll of it is not registered, we need your inputs here as I need to see it runing before purchase. I have Windows 2003 Enterprise Server runing IIS 6.0. BTW didn't you get such issues from your other users? Why are we having this issue please solve it.

Thank you,
    Imran Jaitapker
  •  03-07-2006, 1:25 AM 16779 in reply to 16762

Hello Imran,
    You need to do the following, make sure Microsoft XML is loaded on your server.

I dont work for cutesoft, but I had a client site I was prototyping something for someone, and I just changed the reference to be Msxml2.DOMDocument (drop the .4.0) (they had xml 6 libraries loaded, and it would have taken a week to get any other version loaded).  Everything seemed to work fine.  However, remember that I dont work for CuteSoft so there may be some functionality lost by doing this.

•  03-07-2006, 4:22 AM 16784 in reply to 16779

Hello Adam,

First of all thank you very much to support us even not a memeber of cutesoft.

Your instructions worked here fine and I can see the editor here, just removed the [4.0] from all where. Howver I have any an javascript error after editor is loaded and for this cause I cant click on any toolbad icons nor normal, html and preview buttons on bottom; even cant resize window by clicking + - buttons. Am I missing any javascript file or something like? I have placed all the files as instructed, please have your consideration.

Thank you,
    Imran Jaitapker

•  03-09-2006, 3:56 PM 16905 in reply to 16784

one of the problems is that cute edit hopes taht XMLDOM 4 is installed. That may or may not be the case, and I do not remember that it was a requirement. The batch below can be used if you are having trouble that the server and development machine is out of sync.

RC

on error resume next
    if isobject(doc)=false then
        set doc = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument.2.0")
    end if
    if isobject(doc)=false then
        set doc = server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DomDocument")
    end if
    on error goto 0

update

Another way would be to define a constant in some include files that get loaded in every page. I do this to keep track of my global constants and paramters about a site.

const XMLDOMVER = "MSXML2.DomDocument.3.0"

and on the create object 

set doc = server.CreateObject( XMLDOMVER)
  •  03-09-2006, 4:39 PM 16917 in reply to 16905

I tried the above code in place of the

and now I am getting an ugly page cannot be displayed... cannot find server error or dns error??

Thanks kindly for any help getting this application deployed.
  •  03-09-2006, 5:15 PM 16920 in reply to 16917

try

•  03-09-2006, 5:23 PM 16921 in reply to 16920

thanks for the rapid reply but this doesn't work either. I had tried this earlier and I just tried it again to make sure.
  •  03-09-2006, 5:37 PM 16923 in reply to 16921

I posted to you a PM on something to try
  •  03-13-2006, 1:02 PM 17111 in reply to 16923

Hello All Supporters,

I tried with the following and it worked out:

BUT now I a facing a new javascript error while load the editor, the erro says "_CState is undefined". For this cause I cant click on any toolbar icons, normal, html and preview buttons on bottom; even cant resize window by clicking + - buttons. Am I missing any javascript file or something like? I have placed all the files as instructed, please have your consideration.

Thank you,
    Imran Jaitapker
  •  03-13-2006, 1:20 PM 17116 in reply to 17111

Usually the cstate error means that FilesPath property is not pointing to the CuteEditor_Files files directory. Look there first.

RC
View as RSS news feed in XML