Blank Display every few refreshes

Last post 05-30-2011, 12:47 PM by Cassiopeia. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-14-2011, 9:28 PM 66657

Blank Display every few refreshes

Hi, I got the editor installed correctly, but every 3 or 4 loads, it displays blank information.  Here's an example using the default code provided.

http://www.modifywebsite.com/phphtmledit/demo.htm <- Use any of the demos, press refresh every couple seconds and some of them won't load.

Do I need to change some server settings or something? 
  •  03-14-2011, 10:55 PM 66662 in reply to 66657

Re: Blank Display every few refreshes

Hi kjgraham,

I just tested your page with different browser, it works fine for me.

Can you post a screenshot to show this issue? Do you get any javascript error when it happens?

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Ken
  •  03-15-2011, 1:48 PM 66673 in reply to 66662

I've narrowed it down to Google Chrome.  There aren't any javascript errors when this happens.  Here's a video of it happening using phphtmledit.com/EnableAll.php (this rules out that it's unique to my site).

•  03-15-2011, 5:22 PM 66675 in reply to 66673

Dear kjagraham,

I tested this in two different computers, and cannot reproduce this issue, the steps are:

1. Open http://phphtmledit.com/EnableAll.php in Chrome 10.0.648.133
    2.  CuteEditor is loaded successful in Chrome
    3.  Right click and then choose "reload", refresh CuteEditor multiple times, the CuteEditor works fine every time.

When you click "reload", you need wait a second to enable the CuteEditor loaded.

Thank you for asking

•  03-18-2011, 11:14 AM 66744 in reply to 66675

Thanks Eric, I know we talked about this over chat, but I'll just add some testing data here so that the dev team has something to reference.

To clarify, after each unsuccessful reload, I wait at-least 60 seconds before considering it a 'fail'.  I also refresh the screen at least 25 times before considering a platform a failure (because sometimes it takes over 20 before it fails).

I've tested this on the following machines and experienced the following results:  I am using the website http://phphtmledit.com/EnableAll.php as my test site.
    • Windows 7 Custom Built Desktop.  Chrome Test: Failed,  Firefox: Pass, Internet Explorer: Pass
    • Windows 7 Desktop by HP (I think). Chrome Test: Failed,  Firefox: Pass, Internet Explorer: Pass
    • Windows 7 Laptop by Dell. Chrome Test: Pass,  Firefox: Pass, Internet Explorer: Pass
    • Apple Macbook. Chrome Test: Pass
    • Windows 2003 Server (brand new and provisioned by a web host in a different state):  Chrome Test: Failed, Internet Explorer: Pass
    • Clean Windows 2008 Server (brand new and provisioned by Amazon EC2):  Chrome Test: Failed, Internet Explorer: Pass
    33.5% of my traffic (sampled over 4000) comes from Chrome, so fixing this is very important.

Please help me resolve this as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Kyle 
  •  05-24-2011, 2:20 AM 67669 in reply to 66744

I can only confirm this issue. I have experienced in many situations that Chrome is having trouble with final redraw of the editor. The content is loaded, page is loaded, but the editor sometimes does not show content.

This is happening only in Chrome, Mac and Windows, more often with larger content and with AutoAdjust height. Somehow seems to me that machines lack with power, even more have this issue.

Here are some screenshots... you can see that in the footer line, there is a information of  the amount of content, but you can not see it.
    Or...

Best regards,
    Marko 
  •  05-30-2011, 12:47 PM 67729 in reply to 67669

maybe the subject of this thread should be changed to "(another) Chrome Bug: Blank Display every few refreshes". Clearly a Chrome problem, not the editor's.
View as RSS news feed in XML