Multiple Licenses Same Machine = File Name Based License Rejection?

Last post 01-18-2014, 1:45 AM by kdrucker. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-17-2014, 5:12 PM 78786

Multiple Licenses Same Machine = File Name Based License Rejection?

Hi,

We've had the IP license version of ASP Uploader in use for quite some time and it works great with our main domain www.ourdomain.com.

Recently we moved one of our web based products to it's own sub domain (product.ourdomain.com) on the same physical machine but it had to have a different IP address due to it having it's own SSL certificate.  Therefore, we had to purchase another license and purchased the domain license for this implementation.

The current active site (the one with IP license) and the "in development" not yet released site (the one with the domain license) share the same file names (not the same physical files/file locations, just the same file names running under a different FQDN/IP.

The two different license files are applied to the two different locations. I confirmed the license on the new domain via the sample files within the zip and they worked fine. However, our files would not work on the new domain, they would only work on the existing domain/ip.

After much troubleshooting, I discovered that the files on the new domain would work without throwing an expired license error IF I changed the filename of the file. I.E. UploadFiles.asp would work on the original IP licensed FQDN but UploadFiles.asp would NOT work on the new domain licensed FQDN.  I renamed the latter file UploadFiles2.asp and it worked without throwing a license exception.

Is this normal? Or is this a bug? Stinks that I lost a couple of hours trouble  shooting and also not super excited about changing file names when they exist on two different hard drive locations and two different FQDN and IP's on the same computer but I guess it is what it is.

Filed under:
  •  01-17-2014, 11:28 PM 78787 in reply to 78786

Re: Multiple Licenses Same Machine = File Name Based License Rejection?

Dangit! Now it's not working again. No file names have changed... just republished. My .lic file must be bad. Beats me. Arg.
  •  01-18-2014, 1:45 AM 78788 in reply to 78787

Re: Multiple Licenses Same Machine = File Name Based License Rejection?

Ok, I think I got it. Wherever my asp files are that do the uploading, the ASPUploader folder (if there are two it is the last one in the directory tree) has to be a sub folder off of the folder that houses my asp files that use the uploader.  And of course the folder structure that is within the zip needs to stay in-tact.
View as RSS news feed in XML