Can't Install / Run Ajax Uploader

Last post 03-02-2009, 3:02 PM by GenNS. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-27-2009, 11:28 AM 49327

Can't Install / Run Ajax Uploader

Hi,

Just downloaded the trial and was having trouble getting the included demos to run, but that's because the Ajax Toolkit 1.0 wasn't installed, so I installed it.

Is there a version more current than 1.0.61025.0 that I should've installed instead?

Also, any time I try to run the demos, I get this error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I did a search on this error here in the forums but nothing came up. I just imported all of the files directly into a folder that was made into a sub-web, so everything that was included in the AJAX Uploader package (for this particular version - VB 2.0) is there, including the CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.dll in the Bin folder.

This is on an IIS6 machine running Win Server 2003.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,

GenNS
  •  02-27-2009, 11:59 AM 49330 in reply to 49327

Re: Can't Install / Run Ajax Uploader

GenNS,
    Did you setup the sub-web as the IIS-Application? 

Do you have VS2005 ? I think you can try to open the website using VS2005 and browse the sample directly.

Regards,
    Terry

•  03-02-2009, 2:59 PM 49406 in reply to 49330

I believe so, yes (right-clicked the sub-web in IIS, and on the Directory tab, clicked 'Create' next to the Application name field. Does it have it have to actually be called 'IIS-Application'? (I just called it 'aju')

We don't have VS2005, unfortunately.

GenNS
  •  03-02-2009, 3:02 PM 49407 in reply to 49330

Actually, I think I may know some of what's going on. The folder physically resides in another website, but is part of an app that's bound to other sites through virtual directories in IIS.

When I access the uploader from the 'physical' site, it loads ok...when I try it from a client site, it doesn't run.

Is there something specific that needs to be changed someplace to allow it to work "through" virtual directories?

Thanks again...

GenNS
View as RSS news feed in XML