Can read from my DB but having problem pulling info from editor to save to DB

Last post 03-07-2005, 5:16 AM by Anonymous. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-04-2005, 5:16 PM 4398

Can read from my DB but having problem pulling info from editor to save to DB

Hi All,

I can pull the HTML from my DB and display it fine, but during the save process, what is the EXACT variable used to extract the HTML from the editor ... I looked at the sample DB page and it suppose to be  --> Request.Form("Editor1_HTMLContent") ..

I changed the form action to have it instead of save, just display the results of the Request.Form("Editor1_HTMLContent"), and nothing shows up when the form is submitted, so it seems not to have pulled it correctly ..

Thanks in advance ...

•  03-05-2005, 12:49 PM 4406 in reply to 4398

Re: Can read from my DB but having problem pulling info from editor to save to DB

Not offering help here, just looked like good spot to add my problem.

After having had to go through several posts and with online help I finally have the editor working in a subdirectory (which is what I would think is the most normal place to put it but the documentation does not).

NOW, I'm realizing there is no organized documentation at about actually deploying it in a formatted web page so that by default it just displays whatever content was last input and then enables you to invoke the editor in a browser and edit that content.

Maybe I'm totally misguided about what this thing actually does.  Isn't the main idea to let users edit a block of existing content in a (bunch of different) webpage(s)? If so, where is the documentation showing exactly how to accomplish this in an existing webpage?

Thanks
  •  03-07-2005, 2:26 AM 4417 in reply to 4406

Re: Can read from my DB but having problem pulling info from editor to save to DB

I absolutely agree! I've just purchased this product, and I'm deeply disappointed with the help pages(clearly unfinished). There is no documentation to support the claim that the product can update live web pages with a few lines of ASP. There appears to be no Editor.SaveAll() method or similar. Do support ever answer their requests for help?  I feel that I've been ripped off here, and if I don't get any answers, I'll make sure others know about these problems..
  •  03-07-2005, 5:16 AM 4422 in reply to 4398

Charles - When submitting your form, you must perform the following for the editor content to be captured:

function submitForm() {
      save(Editor1)
      document.forms[0].submit() ;
    }

Hope this helps. Cheers, Kris.
View as RSS news feed in XML