Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Last post 07-17-2012, 2:06 PM by RandySSullivan. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-16-2012, 6:19 PM 74148

Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Hi, 

I've tried the solutions I've found in other threads for load-balanced server deployment, but none have worked. We have set up a file share, used the custom provider (UploaderSqlServerProvider), but to no avail. The files are being written to the locations, but not found when clicking the upload button. We continue to get the dreaded "Unable to find the uploaded file.....". We also get the 'no response on first click' affect other posts have referred when clicking the Upload button when deployed to load-balanced farm, but we could live with that if the files were being uploaded. The app works on the dev and local, but these environments are not load-balanced, of course. Folk be waitin' fo me, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you! 
  •  07-17-2012, 8:22 AM 74156 in reply to 74148

Re: Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Hi RandySSullivan,

1. Can you show me where and how you set the TempDirectory  for the uploader control?

2. We also get the 'no response on first click' affect other posts have referred when clicking the Upload button when deployed to load-balanced farm

can you post your uploader page url and show me the full steps to reproduce this issue? 

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-17-2012, 2:06 PM 74162 in reply to 74156

Re: Temp Files Not Found When Deployed to Load Balanced Server

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for the reply; we were able to resolve the issue by enabling destination address "sticky"  persistence on the server for the site.

Thanks again,

Randy 
View as RSS news feed in XML