Please how do i resolve this error: "You are probably hitting the file upload limit of IIS7.By default in IIS 7 requestFiltering has the MaxAllowedContentLength property enabled.It specifies, in bytes, the maximum length of the content in a request.

Last post 06-26-2012, 11:34 AM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-25-2012, 11:25 AM 74002

Please how do i resolve this error: "You are probably hitting the file upload limit of IIS7.By default in IIS 7 requestFiltering has the MaxAllowedContentLength property enabled.It specifies, in bytes, the maximum length of the content in a request.

I am using IIS 7. The users of the application that I used the uploader in came up with this error:

You are probably hitting the file upload limit of IIS7.By default in IIS 7 requestFiltering  has the MaxAllowedContentLength property enabled.It specifies, in bytes, the maximum length of the content in a request. The default is 30MB.
    To change this value you must edit %windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config file.
    So I opened the config file with notepad and i am so wondering what setting to change. Can someone come to my aid?

Charles 
    Filed under: , ,
  •  06-26-2012, 11:34 AM 74014 in reply to 74002

Re: Please how do i resolve this error: "You are probably hitting the file upload limit of IIS7.By default in IIS 7 requestFiltering has the MaxAllowedContentLength property enabled.It specifies, in bytes, the maximum length of the content in a reque

Hi proffy,

Please refer to http://www.ajaxuploader.com/FAQ.htm#16, "IIS7 and large files"  section.

IIS7 and large files 

By default in IIS 7 requestFiltering  has the MaxAllowedContentLength property enabled. It specifies, in bytes, the maximum length of the content in a request. The default is 30,000,000 (approximately 30 megabytes.) To change this value you must edit the following file: 

%windir%\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config

In the ApplicationHost.config file, locate the <requestLimits> node.

Modify the following code.

<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength ="10000000" />

You can try value "900000000"(900MB) 

<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength ="900000000" />

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML