CuteEditor deleting line breaks in Safari

Last post 01-17-2013, 5:15 PM by thunderfan. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-16-2013, 12:30 AM 76657

CuteEditor deleting line breaks in Safari

Our customers are reporting that line breaks are being removed from the text they enter into cuteeditor.  This seems to only be happening in Safari in both OSX Mountain lion and Windows 7.  I can type out multiple paragraphs with hard breaks in between each paragraph and as soon as I click save or preview it removes the line breaks and scrunches the paragraphs together.  When I examine the HTML version I see the break tags have been removed.  

We are using the latest version of Cute Editor v6.6 and I redownloaded everything from your site today to ensure we had the aboslute most recent version of Cute Editor.  This did not solve the issue.   

I also attempted to send a support ticket but got a error message when trying to send the ticket"Ticket could not be sent:  Failure Sending mail.  "

•  01-16-2013, 12:24 PM 76660 in reply to 76657

Re: CuteEditor deleting line breaks in Safari

Hi thunderfan,

I can not reproduce this issue, do you get the same problem on demo http://cutesoft.net/asp/xmloutput.asp? 

If so, please show me the full steps and the test html code, so we can check it for you. 

Regards,

Ken 

•  01-16-2013, 3:56 PM 76663 in reply to 76660

I cannot recreate it on that form.  Below is a example of my implimentation.  Is there anything I am doing that would cause this?

<ce:editor id="tbBCMessage" runat="server" alloweditserversidecode="True" autoconfigure="None"

bordercolor="DimGray" breakelement="Br" configurationpath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/Simple.config"

urltype="Absolute" Width="680px" EnableAntiSpamEmailEncoder="False" 

EditorOnPaste="PasteWord"> </ce:editor>

•  01-16-2013, 7:29 PM 76667 in reply to 76663

HI thunderfan,

Please try this demo page http://cutesoft.net/example/xmloutput.aspx, it is the asp.net version. If this page works for you, please download the latest build and try again.

Latest build download url: http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

Regards,

Ken

•  01-17-2013, 12:05 AM 76671 in reply to 76667

I still am unable to reproduce the issue in the link you provided.  I also took the latest build and updated our site and am still experiencing the issue.  Below is the HTML preview from my site after I enter test with a hard break in between each line.  

•  01-17-2013, 1:38 PM 76677 in reply to 76671

Hi thunderfan,

please try the example page below with your currect version. Does it get the same problem? If yes, can you send me the editor page url and show me the full steps to reproduce this issue? So we can check it for you.

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>  
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    6. <script runat="server">  
    8.     protected void btn_save_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    9.     {  
    10.         t1.Text = editor1.Text;  
    11.     }  
    12. </script>  
    14. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    15. <head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    16.     <title></title>  
    17. </head>  
    18. <body>  
    19.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    20.         <CE:Editor ID="editor1" runat="server" UseStandardDialog="true">  
    21.         </CE:Editor>  
    22.         <asp:Button ID="btn_save" runat="server" Text="save" OnClick="btn_save_Click" /><br />  
    23.         <asp:TextBox ID="t1" runat="server" TextMode="multiLine" Rows="8" Width="800px"> </asp:TextBox>  
    24.     </form>  
    25. </body>  
    26. </html>  

If it works for you, then shoudl be some coding problem on your editor page, then please set up ftp access for me, we will check the code for you directy.

You can send the info to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 

•  01-17-2013, 4:17 PM 76681 in reply to 76671

When I commented out my implimentation of CEEditor and put yours in place it worked without issue so it seems to be a element i am placing on the editor.  Let me poke around and see if I can identify what it is.  Below is my implimentation that is causing the issue that I commented out and used yours.  

<ce:editor id="tbBCMessage" runat="server" alloweditserversidecode="True" autoconfigure="None"

bordercolor="DimGray" breakelement="Br" configurationpath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/Simple.config"

•  01-17-2013, 5:15 PM 76682 in reply to 76681

thunderfan:

When I commented out my implimentation of CEEditor and put yours in place it worked without issue so it seems to be a element i am placing on the editor.  Let me poke around and see if I can identify what it is.  Below is my implimentation that is causing the issue that I commented out and used yours.  

I found the issue.  For some reason the developer before me was using the above highlighted tag.  Not sure why but that is what is causing the issue.

Thanks! 

View as RSS news feed in XML