Overriding the Upload button functionality in AjaxUploader control

Last post 06-08-2011, 12:35 AM by Ketaki1. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-08-2011, 12:35 AM 67860

Overriding the Upload button functionality in AjaxUploader control

Hi,

I have a scenario here for which I need to know if I can use the AjaxUploader control.

Scenario:  There is a "Browse Local" button on a modal layer. When the user clicks on this button, another modal opens up where there is a "Browse" and "Uplaod" button. With the Browse button user can select a file and when the user clicks on the "Upload" button, that modal should close and a progress bar for the file upload should be shown on the underlying layer.

Query: Will it be possible to achieve this functionality using the AjaxUploader control? One way which we could think of was if we could inherit from the AjaxUploader control and override the methods for Uploading files, we could open the modal layer on the Upload button click and then eventually pass it the file path. Please let me know if this is feasible or if there is any other way we can achieve the above mentioned functionality using AjaxUploader.

Kindly reply as soon as possible. I have even raised a ticket for the same but havent recieved any reply yet, hencing posting here.

Thanks & Regards,
    Ketaki.

View as RSS news feed in XML