UploadProcessingMsg property does not work

Last post 09-13-2010, 8:59 PM by jeremyD. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-11-2010, 2:02 PM 63936

UploadProcessingMsg property does not work

I am trying to use the UploadProcessingMsg property, but I must be doing something wrong.  I have read the documentation, but nothing seems to happen when I use it.  This is how I am calling it:
    1. $uploader=new PhpUploader();  
    2. $uploader->MaxSizeKB=15360;  
    3. $uploader->MultipleFilesUpload=true;  
    4. $uploader->Name="myuploader";  
    5. $uploader->UploadProcessingMsg="Processing...";  
    6. $uploader->AllowedFileExtensions="jpg,jpeg";  
    7. $uploader->InsertText="Upload Photos";  
    8. $uploader->Render();  
    I have some code further down in the page that sends the uploaded file to Rackspace's Cloud Files.  Everything works fine, but there is a bit of a delay while the file is being sent to Cloud Files.  I would like to display a message to the user that the file is processing during this delay, so they do not think the page is hung up.  I thought that was the purpose of the UploadProcessingMsg property.  What am I doing wrong?  I am using the latest version available from the website.  Any advice would be appreciated.
  •  09-13-2010, 3:27 PM 63968 in reply to 63936

Re: UploadProcessingMsg property does not work

Dear jeremyD,

Please refer to the following code:
    <?php require_once "phpuploader/include_phpuploader.php" ?>
    <html>   
    <body>   
            <form id="form1" method="POST">   
                <?php   
                    $uploader=new PhpUploader();   
                    $uploader->Name="myuploader";
                    $uploader->ProgressTextTemplate="Processing...";
                    $uploader->Render();   
                ?>   
            </form>   
    </body>   
    </html> 
    Thank you for asking
  •  09-13-2010, 8:59 PM 63971 in reply to 63968

Re: UploadProcessingMsg property does not work

Eric,

Thank you for the reply.  I tried your suggestion, but I am afraid that is not the answer.   Setting the ProgressTextTemplate property only controls what is displayed while the file is uploading.  What I need is to display a status message after the file has uploaded, but before the script finishes executing.

Let me explain what happens.  The file starts uploading, progress bar and status message show up.  File finishes uploading, progress bar and status message disappear, and the page continues to load until the script finishes executing (processing).

It seems to me that the UploadProcessingMsg property would be used for exactly this purpose.  If this is not correct, then what is it for?  It does not appear to do anything for me.

Thanks,
    jeremyD 
View as RSS news feed in XML