Enter key press moves cursors position on the text copied from notepad in Firefox

Last post 07-13-2010, 10:02 AM by sanjay.joshi. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-09-2010, 6:59 AM 62396

Enter key press moves cursors position on the text copied from notepad in Firefox

Hi Adam,

here is the scenerio in FF:

1. copy the text  from notepad.

2. Place the  the cursor at first position i.e. before Approve and press enter then the cursor moves to far lower side in editor instead of moving the content to next line.

3. Other  issue is when you press enter key before text having strong tag then the strong tag get removed.

I am able to reproduce it in your example also. Please have a look.

Thanks,
    Sanjay
  •  07-09-2010, 8:03 PM 62406 in reply to 62396

Re: Enter key press moves cursors position on the text copied from notepad in Firefox

I try to reproduce your issues, but cannot succeed
    The first issue:
    1. Open  http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx, remove all contents in editor area
    2. Open Notepad
    3. Input "this is a test" in Notepad
    4. Copy "this is a test" in Notepad and paste it to http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx
    5. Place the cursor directly ahead of "this is a test" and then press "Enter", one new line will be generated and the cursor is still in the first character of this new line. It is correct.

The second issue:
    1. Open  http://cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx, remove all contents in editor area
    2. Input "This is a test"
    3. click button "Bold"
    4. Place cursor directly ahead of "This is a test", and then press Enter
    The strong tag is not removed.

Can you test it more and tell us which steps are different from yours?

Regards,
    Eric

•  07-13-2010, 10:02 AM 62458 in reply to 62406

Re: Enter key press moves cursors position on the text copied from notepad in Firefox

Hi Eric,

Even I am able to reproduce it intermediately. here is scenerio by which you will able to see weird behavior:

copy the following html(with <b> tag:
    You are subscribed to the following lists. If you would like to remove yourself from a list, uncheck the box and click <b>Submit</b> to update your profile.

Now place cursor at starting position before "you"  and press Enter key twice then the it showing weird behavior.

2. other scenerio for #1 above(Firefox), I have copied the below text from email to notepad and then to editor
    Approve Action Link       {[R-APPROVE ACTION LINK]}
    Approve Action URL       {[R-APPROVE ACTION URL]}
    Decline Action Link          {[R-DECLINE ACTION LINK]}
    Decline Action URL          {[R-DECLINE ACTION URL]}
       Now put the cursor at starting and press enter then the cursor move far below in editor without changing anything. I am able to reproduce it in your example too.

Please let me know if you need more information.

View as RSS news feed in XML