custom queue table

Last post 03-16-2010, 10:05 AM by BostonMerlin. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-12-2010, 11:31 AM 59368

custom queue table

I've gone through the posts, examples and documentation but cannot seem to pull off what our UI designer is looking for. 

I'm using the create a custom queue table example 1. works fine except.  there are two tables shown.  One after you've selected multiple files the downloading table is shown then it dissapears then the custom queue table is shown.

I only want one table shown.. my custom queue. and i need to add additional fields within that table to be sent back to the server while the files are being downloaded.

Am i missing something basic here?  When i read 'create a custom queue' i expect that the only table i will ever see is my custom table.

Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time..
    John

•  03-15-2010, 9:16 PM 59416 in reply to 59368

Re: custom queue table

John,

You need copy the data when the OnPostback event fired, and maintain the table by your self.

If you don't use AJAX, the page will be submit and then all javascript data will be lost.

So you should use AJAX.

There's two primary AJAX :

1 - Microsoft AJAX , so you need maintain the data and show the talbe outside the UpdatePanel

2 - Use MvcUploader , and provider another UploadHandler.ashx
    (See the MVC-CSharp sample page , Microsoft-MVC is not the must thing, MvcUploader support all asp.net pages)

Here is an advanced samle which tell you how to send data between server and client :

Regards
    Terry
  •  03-16-2010, 10:05 AM 59424 in reply to 59416

Re: custom queue table

Thanks Terry I'll give that a shot...!
    John

View as RSS news feed in XML