"Insert Paragraph" throws "Invalid Argument" script error when inserting at end of line in IE7.

Last post 05-20-2009, 1:10 PM by dbritt. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-18-2009, 6:08 PM 52299

"Insert Paragraph" throws "Invalid Argument" script error when inserting at end of line in IE7.

2. Delete the default content
    3. Type a single alphanumeric word
    4. Press the "Insert Paragraph" button
    5. Notice script error

The cause for this is in the IE implementation file. The obfuscated code where the error is thrown looks like:
    1. Ox6b[OxObb1c[0x2]].appendChild(Ox9cc) ;  

The variable Ox9cc is a paragraph element and is created with document.createElement() earlier in the code. The document that creates this element is the window.top.document, not the editor's document. The Ox6b[OxObb1c[0x2]] is the document.body of the editor frame and tries to append the paragraph element. This throws the error because the element was created in a different document.
  •  05-19-2009, 2:20 AM 52303 in reply to 52299

Re: "Insert Paragraph" throws "Invalid Argument" script error when inserting at end of line in IE7.

Hi abritt,

I can not reproduce this issue follow you steps, can you try in another example llike this:

Regards,

ken
  •  05-20-2009, 1:10 PM 52363 in reply to 52303

Re: "Insert Paragraph" throws "Invalid Argument" script error when inserting at end of line in IE7.

Odd, I can't reproduce it now. I was able to do it repeatedly the other day. Maybe the latest patch fixed it.
View as RSS news feed in XML