Error on two instance in the same page (with file manager)

Last post 09-10-2008, 2:21 AM by nicola-grassionline. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-09-2008, 2:44 PM 43789

Error on two instance in the same page (with file manager)

Hello Adam,

Quick question, I'm using CE 2 times in a .asp pages (2 instance)

One to edit the html and the other as a file manager like http://cutesoft.net/asp/use-CuteEditor-as-file-manager.asp

The file manager works fine but when I try to open "insert image" dialog box in the other instance (html), I have the the error The area you are attempting to access is forbidden

•  09-09-2008, 6:47 PM 43795 in reply to 43789

Re: Error on two instance in the same page (with file manager)

•  09-09-2008, 7:42 PM 43797 in reply to 43795

Yes your demo is working well.

I'm using version 6.01

When there is only one instance, it work great but as soon I add this code (second one), the first one show the error message when I click on ;

Dim editor2
    Set editor2 = New Cuteeditor

editor2.ID = "ARTICLE"
    editor2.Text = HTML_IMG_editor
    editor2.AutoConfigure = "None"
    editor2.FilesPath = "editeur6"

editor2.Height = 100
    editor2.Width = 360
    editor2.FilesGalleryPath = "/" & foldername & "/documents/images"
    editor2.showbottombar = false

editor2.Draw()

•  09-10-2008, 2:21 AM 43804 in reply to 43789

I've just experienced a problem similar to this.
    In my case the problem was that in IIS 6.0 there's a security issue for which there's an option disabled by default in its configuration that prevents APS scripts to use relative paths ("../dir/...") in functions like MapPath(); the dialogs use them.

All I've done was:
    1. open the properties of the web site from the IIS control panel
    2. switch to "Home directory" tab" then click "Configuration" button oin the bottom side
    3. switch to "Options" tab and check "Enable parent paths" option.

In my case that solved the problem.
    I hope it will work for you too.

--------------------

The solution above was for another problem.
    I'm sorry but in these days I'm exprienced a lot of problems with the editor and I've to solve them all by myself and that caused a little bit of confusion in my mind.

I had that problem on a page with two editors declared with two instances in asp code.
    In my case the problem was that in the first I setted up the CustomCulture property to "It-it" but in the second one I forgot to do that. After debugging the editor code I found that it use the CustomCulture value to build a security string and save it into a cookie.
    When you try to open a dialog the editor check that string.
    It happens that in the second editor works because it is the last one that set up the security string (and place it in the cookie) and so its security check works; the first one fails that check because, for instance, its security strings contains "it-IT" (default) but the cookie contains "en-US" setted up by the second.

The security strings is built on various properties of the editor; try to check that all are the same for both the editors.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope I was clear enough

Bye
    Nicola

View as RSS news feed in XML