scroll position / MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack - broken in Chrome when using Cuteeditor

Last post 07-10-2014, 11:42 AM by Kenneth. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-26-2014, 9:45 AM 79979

scroll position / MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack - broken in Chrome when using Cuteeditor

The title says it all; I've been troubleshoot this for a while now without a solution.  I did do a search here before posting but found no recent relative posts similiar.

So is there a way to have a cuteeditor on a asp.net page (version 4.5) and have the page maintain it's position on postback using Chrome?

The page does have the directive

MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack = True

and the App_browsers folder does have the following entry in the browserfixes.browser file

<browsers>

<browser id="NewBrowser" parentID="Mozilla">

<identification>

<userAgent match="Unique User Agent Regular Expression" />

</identification>

<capture>

<userAgent match="NewBrowser (?'version'\d+\.\d+)" />

</capture>

<capabilities>

<capability name="browser" value="My New Browser" />

<capability name="version" value="${version}" />

</capabilities>

</browser>

<browser refID="Mozilla">

<capabilities>

<capability name="xml" value="true" />

<capability name="supportsMaintainScrollPositionOnPostback" value="true" />

</capabilities>

</browser>

<browser refID="Chrome">

<capabilities>

</capabilities>

</browser>

<browser refID="Safari">

<capabilities>

</capabilities>

</browser>

</browsers>

you can see the behavior on this page :  https://security.incident-tracker.com/_reportsubmit.aspx

use chrome scroll down and click a category in step 2 (which causes a postback) and see how the position is lost

I have created a simple page with just two controls, the cuteeditor and the button (to cause a postback) and indeed the behavior is replicated.

The behavior is NOT replicated in new versions of IE of Firefox, just chrome

it appears to be related to cuteeditor from my research

please advise (I have downloaded the newest version of CE as well to make sure that wouldn't fix it and it did not)

-Pat 

•  02-27-2014, 1:55 PM 79989 in reply to 79979

Re: scroll position / MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack - broken in Chrome when using Cuteeditor

Hi oompah,

Can you create an example page which can reproduce this issue and post here? So we can check it directly.

Regards,

Ken 

•  02-27-2014, 4:46 PM 79990 in reply to 79989

Re: scroll position / MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack - broken in Chrome when using Cuteeditor

you mean like this?

https://security.incident-tracker.com/_reportsubmit.aspx

•  03-03-2014, 4:17 PM 80009 in reply to 79990

help me please....
  •  03-03-2014, 4:32 PM 80010 in reply to 80009

I just emailed the code for a simple .aspx page to Support@CuteSoft.net that demonstrates the behavior

thanks 

•  03-03-2014, 4:49 PM 80011 in reply to 80010

btw it is Safari too

seems to work ok in IE and Firefox 

•  06-27-2014, 9:56 AM 80349 in reply to 80011

has there been any progress with this.  I am going to have to dump this product if this doesn't get fixed soon.

Spoke to Adam on chat 2 months ago and he said it would be fixed "soon" - just downloaded the new version and it still does not work

•  07-10-2014, 11:42 AM 80379 in reply to 80349

hi oompah,

Very sorry for delay, the development team still working on the editor issues, we will release the new build in 2 weeks.

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML