TypeError: window.CuteEditorInitialize is not a function

Last post 04-05-2013, 12:17 PM by Kenneth. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-02-2013, 1:53 PM 77132

TypeError: window.CuteEditorInitialize is not a function

I am using a cute editor with a simple toolbar(B, I, U, A, ab) for a CRUD as part of the "add" and the "edit" windows. We have 4 environments. Local, Dev, QA and production. When the code got to QA we started getting the above error(window.CuteEditorInitialize is not a function) in some of the attempts to add(a template of HTML)(The page where the add button resides has a dropdown menu that loads templates from different categories and different hotel/properties from the db). I did some testing and I get the same result twice. Some times I can get the editor to show by clicking the refresh button in the i-frame modal window once, sometimes I have to click twice to get it, sometimes I dont get it at all after 5 refreshes. Sometimes I change the property and the category and click the add button and the editor appears, and if it appears for a property once it will always appear. Then I waited a while and tried again and found that the editor appeared right away for properties that had not appeared before and for which I got the above error. I also tried using Fire Bug and got some weird behavior. When the error appeared in FB I then shut it down and tried it without FB and the editor showed, i.e. no error. Then I tried it again and again and found that the error appeared, for the one property, only when I was using FB. When I was not using it the editor appeared correctly.

Here is the tag to the editor in the code:

<cute:Editor ID="Template_editor" runat="server" ThemeType="Office2003" UseRelativeLinks="false" RemoveServerNamesFromUrl="false" ConfigurationPath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/AutoConfigure/FFTET.config" EditCompleteDocument="true" RemoveTBODYTag="true" UseFontTags="true" UseSimpleAmpersand="true" width="780px" Height="320px" />

This lines are at the top of my .ascx file: (I do not know what version of the Cute Editor Im using)

<%

=Html.Javacript("~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Load.ashx?type=scripts&file=Gecko_Loader")%>

<%

@ Register Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" TagPrefix="cute" %> 

Filed under:
  •  04-02-2013, 8:07 PM 77138 in reply to 77132

Re: TypeError: window.CuteEditorInitialize is not a function

Hi artsaliva,

Can you post your editor page url? So we can check it for you directly.

Or you can send it to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 

•  04-04-2013, 2:16 PM 77157 in reply to 77138

Sorry, the page is inside a private network and not viewable to the outside.
  •  04-04-2013, 2:42 PM 77158 in reply to 77157

Hi artsaliva,

Can you reproduce this issue with the example page below? Does it happens on all browsers?

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" %>  
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    5. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    6. <head id="Head1" runat="server">  
    7.     <title></title>  
    8. </head>  
    9. <body>  
    10.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    11.         <div id="div1" style="width: 1000px">  
    12.             <CE:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server">  
    13.             </CE:Editor>  
    14.     </form>  
    15. </body>  
    16. </html>  

And I suggest you download the latest build and try again.

Latest build downlaod url: http://cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

Regards,

ken 

•  04-04-2013, 2:58 PM 77159 in reply to 77158

It does not happen on IE. Actually there is no pattern for when the error shows up. Is there a dependency of Cute Editor to the any of the jq libraries so that I have to use specific ones and not others?
  •  04-04-2013, 3:16 PM 77160 in reply to 77158

I am not allowed to update the Cute Editor because there are other projects using the older version and upgrading will affect them. I cannot reproduce the error with your code because the ascx file where the editor tag resides has a code behind file that does other things. Can you tell me where the function CuteEditorInitialize is called?
  •  04-04-2013, 3:24 PM 77161 in reply to 77158

Actually, is there a FireFox Loader? I noticed that our

CuteSoft_Client folder has these subfolders:

IE_Loader

Opera_Loader

Safari_Loader

Safari12_Loader

tthey all have Loader.js files in them. I wonder if FireFox needs a loader. Please let me know if that is so.

IF

•  04-05-2013, 12:17 PM 77166 in reply to 77161

Hi artsaliva,

The CuteEditorInitialize will call when the editor load complete.

Gecko_Loader is the firefox loader folder.

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML