Complete translation of the editor somehow?

Last post 04-22-2013, 1:05 PM by Devello. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-21-2013, 7:41 PM 77085

Complete translation of the editor somehow?

We've been using the Cute Editor for ASP in a custom CMS system for many years now. However our customers has been complaining about incomplete translations. We have manually translated a lot of labels and texts that wasn't translated in the language xml-files provided with the editor. Even though we've never been able to do a complete translation since we can't find the texts in the source. It seems like it's in compiled code and out of our reach. Here is a sample from the insert image dialogue.

Dump from editor 

Is there any way to solve this? Our customer is really annoyed and this is a starting to become a huge problem. The IE 10 problem adds to this problem as well.

•  03-22-2013, 12:27 PM 77090 in reply to 77085

Re: Complete translation of the editor somehow?

Hi Devello,

Yes, some of the text did not tralslate in the language file. Some of the translate issue has been fixed in the latest build. I will show you how to change the others.

1. The "Name" and "Size". 

You can find it under file \cuteeditor_files\Dialogs\browse_Img.asp, the section below

s = s & "<th width=136 Class=""filelistHeadCol""><b>Name</b></th>"
          s = s & "<th width=50 Class=""filelistHeadCol""><b>Size</b></th>"

2. The others under cuteeditor_files\Dialogs\InsertImage.asp 

Border color 

<td><%= GetString("BorderColor") %>:</td> 

Constrain Proportions 

<%= GetString("ConstrainProportions") %>       

Alternative text 

<td valign="middle"><%= GetString("Alternate") %>:</td> 

Max file size allow 

<legend><%= GetString("Upload") %> (<%= GetString("MaxFileSizeAllowed") %> <%=MaxImageSize%>K)</legend> 

3. The upload button text

under filecuteeditor_files\Dialogs\upload.asp 

Find section below

Set uploader=new AspUploader

And change it to

Set uploader=new AspUploader
    uploader.InsertText="my upload text"

Regards,

Ken

•  03-22-2013, 2:09 PM 77092 in reply to 77090

Thanks for the answers. It solves some of the problems. Btw we're running version 6.6. Which version are you refering to when you write "latest build"? I see an upcoming problem if the translation problems is not fixed by adding the texts to the xml language file with language variables. When we update to a newer version to fix the IE 10 dropdown problem the "custom" translations will be gone and we will have to redo any translations.

Here is some other things that we haven't been able to get translated, if you could give us similar instructions for those it would be great.

(The label for uppercase, all the other above is done)

Regards,

Erik, Devello

•  03-25-2013, 7:49 AM 77098 in reply to 77092

Hi Devello,

The upper case button is an image not text, if you want to replace it with your own image, please edit this one \cuteeditor_files\Themes\Office2007\Images\all.png, all ICO are generated by this image.

Table Wizard, Table, Common, Style Builder, TD

Open file \cuteeditor_files\Dialogs\tag.config, fine the sections below. the red text are what you want to change.

<add pattern="TABLE,InsertTable" tab="InsertTable" text="Table Wizard" control="Tag_InsertTable.asp" /> 

<add pattern="TABLE,InsertTable" tab="TABLE" text="Table" control="Tag_Table.asp" /> 

<add pattern="*" tab="Common" text="Common" control="Tag_Common.asp" />

<add pattern="*" tab="Style" text="Style Builder" control="Tag_Style.asp" />      

<add pattern="TD" tab="TD" text="TD" control="Tag_TD.asp" />

By the way, after upgrade, you can put all custom files back, it will not causes problem.

Regards,

Ken 

•  03-25-2013, 8:49 AM 77099 in reply to 77098

Thanks for the answers. You misunderstood me regarding the upper case button. I was thinking about the text that shows when hovering the button. Not the button itself. The one that is similar to an alt-text or title on a web page that is.

Regards,

Erik

•  04-02-2013, 1:09 PM 77131 in reply to 77099

Ping... please help us with the uppercase translation.
  •  04-03-2013, 12:07 PM 77144 in reply to 77131

Hi Devello,

It depends what language file you are using. For example, if set editor.CustomCulture="en-us", then you can find the setting under language file "\cuteeditor_files\Languages\en-US.xml", line 173 the section below

<resource name="Ucase">Upper case</resource>

Regards,

Ken 

•  04-10-2013, 7:04 AM 77194 in reply to 77144

Hi Ken,

That would have been a great solution. The problem is that we have translated the line you suggest, but it doen't have any effect. It seems like the language variable not is implemented in the code for the buttons. All the other buttons were translated this way, it's just this one that doesn't work. So the question is where to find the text in the source code.

Regards,

Erik

•  04-10-2013, 12:09 PM 77197 in reply to 77194

Hi Devello,

Did you set editor.CustomCulture="en-us" for the editor? Below is how it looks like on my end. Maybe you need to clean your browser cache to make the new change work.

If allow, please set up ftp access for me. So I can check it for you directly.

By the way, the source is encrypted, so can not change it directly. 

Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 

•  04-22-2013, 1:05 PM 77256 in reply to 77197

Thanks. Found the error... in the Swedish language file the line was:

<resource name="ucase">VERSALER</resource>  

from your screen dump I found out that it was the resource name that was

wrong, not the translation. Changed it to:

<resource name="Ucase">VERSALER</resource>

Then it works...

I suspect that this is not the only place where this is the problem. Will have to compare the original en-us-file with the Swedish one.

View as RSS news feed in XML