Insert Hyperlink

Last post 07-25-2012, 3:57 AM by RentingforRascals. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-24-2012, 8:10 AM 74219

Insert Hyperlink

Please bear with me as I am not very technical! I am using this to edit some pages of my website which is designed and hosted by another company. I am trying to 'Insert Hyperlink' I have tried this and inputting the HTML code myself however every way I try and do this it keeps saying 'The page cannot be found' 

Any idea on what I am doing wrong please? 
  •  07-24-2012, 9:19 AM 74222 in reply to 74219

Re: Insert Hyperlink

Hi RentingforRascals,

Can you show me what html code you inputed into the insert hyperlink dialog? And when you got the "the page cannot be found" error?

Is your site online? If so, can you send me your editor page url and show me the steps to reproduce this issue?

Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-24-2012, 9:32 AM 74223 in reply to 74219

•  07-24-2012, 10:34 AM 74227 in reply to 74223

Thank you, the code I used is <a href="http://www.cheshirebabyhire.co.uk" target="_blank">Click Here</a>&nbsp;to visit Cheshire Baby Hire

and this is what comes up 

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

• Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    • If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
    • Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
    • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site SetupCommon Administrative Tasks, andAbout Custom Error Messages.
  •  07-24-2012, 11:49 AM 74229 in reply to 74227

Hi RentingforRascals,

I can not reproduce this issue. Can you show me the full steps to reproduce this issue on your site?

Please send the info to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net

Regards,

Ken 
  •  07-25-2012, 3:57 AM 74240 in reply to 74229

Thank you for your help. my website company are now looking in to this, it is not loading the page as it is adding my link before the hyperlink - if that makes sense, apparently a coding issue.
View as RSS news feed in XML