Access Denied Error on some uploads

Last post 06-22-2012, 7:29 AM by Kenneth. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-20-2012, 1:06 PM 73948

Access Denied Error on some uploads

What could cause an Access Denied error message to only a couple of users but not for every user.  The test users all have the same permissions it just a couple that get the access denied error message when trying to upload photo. I have not been able to duplicate the error on my end even using a laptop off our network.  One user did have Yahoo toolbar installed. Any help is much appreciated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

•  06-21-2012, 7:58 AM 73958 in reply to 73948

Re: Access Denied Error on some uploads

Hi walker1475,

Can you show me the full error message? It like that the message you posted only contains a part of it. 

Does it happens with special file/size/extension?

Try set property "TempDirectory" to a location which your site has the write/read permission.

<CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments runat="server" ID="UploadAttachments1"  TempDirectory="~/mytemp">
                </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-21-2012, 1:12 PM 73963 in reply to 73958

Hey Ken,

Below is the complete error message. I was just curious why a couple of users get the error message and I actually tried uploading the same photo without any problems (we set the config to accept large file sizes) and this photo was just 2 mbs. I will try check the permission on the temp directory that is one area I had not checked yet.

Access to thepath 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web01\Purchasing\ProductComplaints\SAM_0468.JPG' isdenied.

Description:Anunhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request.Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where itoriginated in the code.

Exception Details:System.UnauthorizedAccessException:Access to the path'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web01\Purchasing\ProductComplaints\SAM_0468.JPG' is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider grantingaccess rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has abase process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Serviceon IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If theapplication is impersonating via <identityimpersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user(typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose"Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" toadd the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check theboxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web01\Purchasing\ProductComplaints\SAM_0468.JPG' is denied.]
       System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +7718751
       System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) +7632044
       CuteWebUI.UploaderProvider.CopyTo(Guid fileguid, String newpath) +330
       CuteWebUI.UploaderEventArgs.CopyTo(String newpath) +95
       FeedBackUpload.SubmitFeedback.Uploader1_FileUploaded(Object sender, UploaderEventArgs args) +316
       CuteWebUI.UploaderBase.OnFileUploaded(UploaderEventArgs args) +22
       CuteWebUI.UploaderBase.a(UploaderProvider A_0, UploaderEventArgs A_1) +82
       CuteWebUI.UploaderBase.a(String A_0) +1192
       CuteWebUI.UploaderBase.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +57
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +165
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1485
  •  06-22-2012, 7:29 AM 73971 in reply to 73963

Hi walker1475,

You can try the ways below 

1. Set <identity   impersonate= "true "/>   in your web.config

2. Give the full permission to user "Everyone" of folder "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\web01\Purchasing\ProductComplaints\"

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML