Issues on server, not locally

Last post 05-21-2012, 8:16 AM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-20-2012, 11:27 AM 73763

Issues on server, not locally

The uploader works perfectly on my local dev server.

On a remote Windows 2008 R2 server I experience the following:

1. The file name gets uploaded under a new name such as persisted.4999ce17-0a4c-45e2-a371-fad61db8db8b.5.mp3.resx and then an alert box pops up saying "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory: c:\inetpub\CollaborationDev\TempUploadDir" I really need help getting this fixed.

2. Far less serious but just annoying is when you click on the "Upload File" button the first time,  the page just blinks and does not put up the file selector. Subsequent times clicking on the button puts up a file selector.

Thanks!!! I love the product.

•  05-21-2012, 8:16 AM 73766 in reply to 73763

Re: Issues on server, not locally

Hi RickLeinecker,

1. The file name gets uploaded under a new name such as persisted.4999ce17-0a4c-45e2-a371-fad61db8db8b.5.mp3.resx and then an alert box pops up saying "Unable to find the uploaded file in directory: c:\inetpub\CollaborationDev\TempUploadDir" I really need help getting this fixed.

Is your server on the load balancing/web farm/cloud environment? If yes, please refer to http://www.ajaxuploader.com/document/scr/BeforeYouBegin.htm, web farm environment TempDirectory section.

Please check the permission of this folder "c:\inetpub\CollaborationDev\TempUploadDir", ensure that your site has the write/read permission o fit. 

2. Far less serious but just annoying is when you click on the "Upload File" button the first time,  the page just blinks and does not put up the file selector. Subsequent times clicking on the button puts up a file selector.

I think the control still loading the silverlight/flash plug-in when your click on the button. It maybe take 1-2 seconds to load the silverlight/flash plug-in.

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML