Unknown result: Error: Unable Upload data via Flash + NTLM

Last post 03-13-2012, 3:18 PM by Adam. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-15-2011, 8:03 AM 72022

Unknown result: Error: Unable Upload data via Flash + NTLM

Good afternoon

I'm trying to use Ajax Uploader in a visual webpart which I have written for MOSS 2010.  On my local dev machine it seems to work fine, however when I ported it across to my testing environment, I keep getting the error:

Unknown Result:
    Error: Unable upload data via Flash + NTLM

This happens at random points during the file upload process.  Maybe once in every ten it will let a file through and my server-side events will fire and process the file as necessary, however the rest of the time it results in an error.

I thought at first it was because Silverlight wasn't installed on the test machine, however I'm still getting the error.

Any ideas what is causing this, and why it would work on my local development platform, but not when on another machine?

Thanks in advance

Matt 
  •  12-16-2011, 7:21 AM 72047 in reply to 72022

Re: Unknown result: Error: Unable Upload data via Flash + NTLM

Hi MattW,

Please refer to http://www.cutesoft.net/forums/thread/50581.aspx, terry's topic.

If you do not need to upload multiple files at one time, you can try set the UploadType="IFrame".

Also, if you have installed the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in, it should work too.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  12-29-2011, 8:17 AM 72459 in reply to 72047

Hi Kenneth

I've tried following the steps in the article, still getting no joy.  I've tried setting it to iFrame as a temporary workaround and still get the same error.

Any other ideas?

My colleagues will now be picking up on this as I won't be around after today.

Cheers 
  •  12-30-2011, 5:13 AM 72461 in reply to 72459

Hi MattW,

Please create an example page by the code below and put it to the root of your site, does it get the same issue?

Can you send me your uploader page url? So I can check it too.

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <title>example</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments runat="server" ID="uploader1" UploadType="iframe">
            </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>

Regards,

Ken 
  •  01-23-2012, 5:32 AM 72797 in reply to 72461

Hi Ken,
    To check the control I used the snippet you supplied and this worked ok but this was within a seperate web applicaiton to where we are having the issue.

to give some more detials on the issue;

We are using the control within a SharePoint 2010 webpart. The control works 99% (once or twice we have had the error) of the time on mine(windows7 ie8) and Mats(windows7 ie9) machine .

On machines which are Windows XP and IE7 we get the stated error on every attempt.

Also firefox on my machine gives the following error:
    The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again.

Chrome works

Are there differences between how the browsers and/or the OS handle this type of authentication..?

My next step is to create a sharepoint 2010 webpart with just the cutesoft control on and see if this error occurs as soon as its ran within a SharePoint Enviroment.

Any information on why it would work on some set ups and not others would be very
    helpful. 

•  02-01-2012, 6:16 AM 72893 in reply to 72797

Hi
    We are still unable to get this control working within MOSS2010 on XP machines.
    Do you have any advice based on my last post?
  •  02-01-2012, 8:21 AM 72896 in reply to 72893

Hi LiamPowell,

I suggest you disable the flash upload mode if terry's topic did not fix your problem.

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
        {
            uploader1.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash, "true");
            base.OnLoad(e);
        }

Regards,

Ken 
  •  02-07-2012, 8:35 AM 72944 in reply to 72896

Hi Ken,
    I used the code snippet you provided to turn off flash and the code is defiently being ran but the same error message is still displayed,

1. Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As ObjectByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Me.Load   
    3.         fuImages.SetAdvancedOption(CuteWebUI.UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash, "true")  

thanks for any suggestions
  •  02-08-2012, 7:01 AM 72954 in reply to 72944

Hi LiamPowell,

Please try the example below on your site, then show me the full error message.

<%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <%@ Register Namespace="CuteWebUI" Assembly="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader" TagPrefix="CuteWebUI" %>
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <script runat="server">
        Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
            uploader1.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash, "true")
        End Sub
    </script>
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head runat="server">
        <title>Untitled Page</title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <div>
                <CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments ID="uploader1" runat="server">
                </CuteWebUI:UploadAttachments>
            </div>