Spell Checker

Last post 01-22-2012, 8:53 PM by cheryll. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-10-2012, 4:05 PM 72600

Spell Checker

When a new word is added to the dictionary via the Add button on the spellchecker page, where does it get stored?

I would have expected that the dic files would get updated but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I've had a couple of errors saying that the word has already been added which I'm trying to track down as it doesn't happen on the dev version but I can't attempt to test on the live version without potentially adding an incorrectly spelt word (especially if I can't find out how to reverse the addition)

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'these'Key being added: 'these'

mscorlib

at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add)

at NetSpell.SpellChecker.Dictionary.WordDictionary.Add(String word)

at ASP.PopUpSpell.AddButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Masters\NSA\HUB V1.0\NSA_HUB\CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\SpellCheck.aspx:line 263

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

•  01-11-2012, 5:18 AM 72619 in reply to 72600

Re: Spell Checker

Hi cheryll,

The new word will store into the client side cookie, it will not affect the server. So you can test any word you need.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  01-17-2012, 4:16 PM 72723 in reply to 72619

So what is the cookie called so that I can delete it when testing?
  •  01-18-2012, 6:35 AM 72733 in reply to 72723

Hi cheryll,

You can clean your browser cookies to delete the words.

Regards,

Ken
  •  01-22-2012, 8:53 PM 72788 in reply to 72733

Thanks but that doesn't help me preserve my other cookies and just delete this one particular cookie.
View as RSS news feed in XML