Gallery not rendering or showing any error messages when placed on host

Last post 09-07-2005, 7:08 PM by JoshSommers. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-01-2005, 1:47 AM 7147

Gallery not rendering or showing any error messages when placed on host

Hello,
    I just uploaded my working gallery created/compiled in VS.Net to my new host (GoDaddy.com) and I don't see the gallery. I see the page and other graphics but the gallery does not render nor give any errors. What's happening?

located at: www.tomatotattoo.org -
    Thanks,
    Alex
  •  06-01-2005, 2:51 PM 7162 in reply to 7147

Re: Gallery not rendering or showing any error messages when placed on host

•  06-02-2005, 2:21 PM 7185 in reply to 7147

Try clicking the build batch button on your gallery page
  •  06-04-2005, 1:00 AM 7251 in reply to 7185

I would do that but i don't see any of those buttons. As I explained, nothing regarding the gallery displays nor gives any errors. It works just fine on my dev box at the office. hmmmm..
  •  06-04-2005, 1:09 AM 7252 in reply to 7162

Hi Adam,
    Very simple... 2 pages... one with links of the artists called default.aspx that passes a get variable of the artist name to the artist.aspx which grabs the var and inserts into the directory path property using a code behind. It works just fine on my dev box.

If you click the first link Rob Hixon here: http://www.tomatotattoo.org/ you'll see what I'm saying - no gallery - but it's there and it works I assure you. If you click the any of the links below Rob you'll get a permissions issue on the GoDaddy.com host - So I set the permission for Rob Hixon to read/write/web and hence no permissions issue but no gallery - but again it's there..and it works on dev box... arggg!

appreciate any help. Alex

•  08-05-2005, 1:28 PM 9313 in reply to 7252

So does anybody have a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same issue viewing the demo pages that come with the download.  It works fine on my local machine but does not work when I upload it to the production machine (the page loads everything except the gallery component).
  •  09-07-2005, 7:08 PM 10213 in reply to 9313

Just make sure you set these properties:

gallery1.FilesPath = "~/DotNetGallery_files"
    gallery1.FolderPath = "~/CustomerImages/samplefolder"

in vb, or in the config file you can set these. Here I am doing it in vb. If these are not specified correctly nothing shows up and there is no error. Totally annoying I agree. I just figured this out.

Josh
View as RSS news feed in XML