Error when loading ChatAdmin page: Invalid character in the given encoding

Last post 09-25-2011, 9:57 PM by Adam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-15-2009, 4:13 PM 51136

Error when loading ChatAdmin page: Invalid character in the given encoding

I'm setting CuteChat Standalone on Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition.  The initial page comes up and I can login as the Admin properly, but when I try to go to the Chat Admin page, I get the following error: 

Server Error in '/chat' Application.
    Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 38.]
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) +95
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount) +292
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount) +5090628
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData() +422
       System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() +147
       System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +165
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +134
       System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) +95
       CuteChat.ChatSystem.GetStrings(String culture) +441
       CuteChat.ChatApi.get_Strings() +358
       CuteChat.ResourceContext..ctor(HtmlTextWriter htmlwriter) +17
       CuteChat.ChatAdminPage.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +52
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +11020932
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4240

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3074; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3074 

Any ideas? 
  •  09-25-2011, 9:57 PM 70190 in reply to 51136

Re: Error when loading ChatAdmin page: Invalid character in the given encoding

View as RSS news feed in XML