Files not uploading

Last post 02-20-2011, 5:20 PM by Eric. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-17-2011, 7:00 AM 66277

Files not uploading

I've a simple control like this

<CuteWebUI:Uploader runat="server" ID="Uploader1" InsertText="Upload Multiple Files"
                            MultipleFilesUpload="true" OnUploadCompleted="Uploader_FileUploaded">

</CuteWebUI:Uploader>

and it works fine. However, for 1 client, nothing happens after selecting the files.  The steps are

1. Click the upload button
    2. Double click one of the files in window
    3. Nothing happens

There is no error or progress bars. Nothing happens after the file(s) are selected. Under what kind of circumstances could this happen?
  •  02-17-2011, 8:53 AM 66280 in reply to 66277

Re: Files not uploading

Dear therules,

Does this issue only happen in that client's computer? Does this issue happen in all browsers or one specific browser?
    You can provide the Ajax Uploader access url on your website to me, I can have a test on my end.

Thank you for asking
  •  02-19-2011, 5:30 AM 66302 in reply to 66280

Hi, the client was using Firefox on a Mac. Apparently this was resolved by installing a Silverlight plugin. I didn't realise plugins were needed.
  •  02-20-2011, 5:20 PM 66313 in reply to 66302

Dear therules,

1. If Ajax Uploader detects SilverLight is installed on your PC, It will use the SilverLight solution.

2. If Ajax Uploader detects Flash is installed on your PC, It will use the Flash solution.

3. If Ajax Uploader detects Iframe is supported on your Browser, It will use the Iframe solution.

4. Ajax Uploader will render as default ASP.NET upload control.

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML