"UploadModule is not installed into web.config" Error not allowing multiple file selection via Flash file open dialog

Last post 02-11-2011, 8:03 AM by Eric. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-10-2011, 8:35 AM 66155

"UploadModule is not installed into web.config" Error not allowing multiple file selection via Flash file open dialog

Been messing with this for almost 2 hours now and I can't get the multi file selection to work.

I'm using the selecting-multiple-files.aspx demo page. Shortly after the page loads, I get the "UploadModule is not installed into web.config!" error popup. The web.config is set per all the instructions and I've checked it half a dozen times. I'm still able to select one file from the standard file select dialog window and the file uploads just fine but I'm not able to get the Flash file select dialog to show.

It's not a browser issue as it works with the demo hosted on your site and I've tried it with multiple browsers.

One thing I did notice is that the component puts a script tag into the page that references CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.ashx?type=script&_ver=634328903050590000. When I browse to this same URL in the demo hosted on your site, I get a bunch of JavaScript.
    However, when I browse to this URL on my machine, I get a page that says only "Domain not found." 

The folder that all the Ajax Upload files are in is two levels lower than the root of my web application, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

What is the "domain" it's looking for and how can I fix this?

Thanks 
  •  02-10-2011, 9:45 AM 66156 in reply to 66155

Re: "UploadModule is not installed into web.config" Error not allowing multiple file selection via Flash file open dialog

Dear Angelo,

"UploadModule is not installed into web.config", please refer to http://ajaxuploader.com/Deployment.htm, you need check whether you followed step 2.  If you are not sure which mode you are using, you can try those two configurations.
    To use multiple files choose, you need install silverlight or flash in the cilent computer, or else you will only can use single file choose:
    1. If Ajax Uploader detects SilverLight is installed on your PC, It will use the SilverLight solution. 
    2. If Ajax Uploader detects Flash is installed on your PC, It will use the Flash solution. 
    3. If Ajax Uploader detects Iframe is supported on your Browser, It will use the Iframe solution.
    4. Ajax Uploader will render as default ASP.NET upload control.

Thank you for asking

•  02-10-2011, 6:08 PM 66162 in reply to 66156

Re: "UploadModule is not installed into web.config" Error not allowing multiple file selection via Flash file open dialog

Thanks but I did follow step 2. I know for sure the app is in integrated mode under IIS7 but I tried both configurations anyhow.

The client computer has Flash and SilverLight.

Every time I get the error message. Why do I get the "Domain not found." message when I try to access CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.ashx?
  •  02-10-2011, 8:26 PM 66165 in reply to 66162

I figured out why I'm seeing the error message. As I mentioned in the inital post, the folder containing the Ajax Uploader files was not in the root of the app but one folder deeper. When I moved the folder up into the application root, I stopped getting the error.

You should consider putting in the instructions that the folder needs to be in the application root or add the ability to specify where it's located in the web.config.

However, I still can't get the muti file selection to work. When I mouseover the upload button it says that SilverLight failed to load. If I force it to use Flash, it says that failed. I know I have both SilverLight and Flash (both latest versions) installed. The demos on your site work just fine.
  •  02-11-2011, 8:03 AM 66171 in reply to 66165

Dear Angelo,

You can post the ajax uploader access url on your website here or send it to eric@cutesoft.net, I will have a test on my end.

Thank you for asking
View as RSS news feed in XML