Upload images and documents to SQL

Last post 01-18-2011, 3:26 AM by ameltei. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-17-2011, 6:43 AM 65738

Upload images and documents to SQL

Hi,

I tested the latest Cute Editor to date which is 6.6 and it works like a charm. Then when reading the features included with this version, I discovered that it has SQL support to upload/download files to SQL insted from local folders, exactly what I was looking for. I was also happy reading that "With CuteEditor you can easily use a Sql Server database or access database as the file storage". I love the easy part. But unfortunately I didn't find any documentation to explain how this switchover is done. I went through the posts in the forum but the posts about the topic are 3-4 years old and involves some programming in C# (by the way, I am all into ASP.NET & VB.NET), but even after doing the changes I can't seem to have it running. Well, I still want to know if there is any "easy" way to do it, perhaps the information I try to use from the forum is outdated.

Thank you!
  •  01-17-2011, 7:38 AM 65739 in reply to 65738

Re: Upload images and documents to SQL

Dear ameltei,

Please refer to the following examples:

Thank you for asking
  •  01-17-2011, 8:00 AM 65740 in reply to 65739

Hi Eric,

This is what I used to try connecting to the SQL database. But there is no documentation of how to implement it. I figue some stuff out but still doesn't work. Do you have a document about it and perhaps an example in VB?

Thank you!
  •  01-17-2011, 8:28 AM 65741 in reply to 65740

Hi Eric,

I got it working, I fond what I was doing wrong. The implementation is easy, if you know where to look but unfortunaltelly is not that easy without a guid so for any other developpers out there wanting to test this out, would be much better if a guide would exist. Also, if a VB version is existing then please make that available as well as I am sure there are other VB developpers like me out there.

Thank you!
  •  01-17-2011, 1:33 PM 65744 in reply to 65741

Hi Eric,

I am not able to make it work when converting the "SqlFileStorage.cs" and "UseSql.aspx.cs" to VB. I am actually able to upload the files to database using the 2 files in VB but when using the picture, no picture is shown. I saw that many people requested the VB version of the 2 files, do you have some working samples? I would appreciate very much your help with this as I spent the whole day today trying to figure this one out but so far I couldn't do it.

Thank you!
  •  01-17-2011, 7:50 PM 65751 in reply to 65744

Hi ameltei,

Please send a mail to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net and provide the info of this thread. I will create the VB.NET example for you.

Regards,

Ken
  •  01-18-2011, 3:26 AM 65765 in reply to 65751

hi Kenneth,

Thank you very much for your reply and will to help. An e-mail was sent to the indicated e-mail address (mine is ameltei@gmail.com )

Best regards,
View as RSS news feed in XML