StripScriptTag question

Last post 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM by coolaggie. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-10-2011, 2:43 PM 65660

StripScriptTag question

I have downloaded the 30 days trial copy the cute editor. I am using the editor just for sending emails.(Like a contactUS page). A user types some info and the info is send out to the right person.  I am not storing any info in the database. Cute editor info says that it strips all the script tags from the edtior.

For example if i type this in the editor and submit it
    <script type="text/javascript">
    document.write("Hello World!");
    </script>

the whole java script tags come in the email body withot stripping the javascript tags.
    IS there a setting i need to change.
    Thanks

•  01-10-2011, 4:09 PM 65661 in reply to 65660

Re: StripScriptTag question

Dear coolaggie,

Please try the following setting:

<CE:Editor id="Editor1" EnableStripScriptTags="false"  runat="server" ></CE:Editor>

Thank you for asking
    Eric@cutesoft.net

•  01-10-2011, 4:41 PM 65663 in reply to 65661

This doesn't work either. I don't want the javascriopt tags to show up in the email body.  This is how the email looks like when some one sends me the form. The User fills out the MESSAGE using ur editor. IN the message tag u can see the javascript tags. i don't want to show those tags.  Shouldn't ur editor automatically remove the tags?

The following information says that this user is trying to contact you

Name: dfdsf fsdfsdf

Email Address: sfsdf@sw.com

Phone Number: 121

Address:

City:

State:

Zip:

document.write("Hello World!");
    </script>

•  01-11-2011, 1:48 AM 65665 in reply to 65663

Hi coolaggie,

1. Please refer to demo http://richtextbox.com/test/EnableStripScriptTags.aspx

2. Type the code below into HTML view of editor and than click the "save" button.

a<script>alert("This is a Test!")</script> bc

3. You can see that, the <script> tag still there, but in normal view the use will not see it.

it is what you want? If not, please explain you requirement on detail.

Regards,

ken
  •  01-11-2011, 11:11 AM 65677 in reply to 65665

By default the EnableStripScriptTags is set to true. So that it strips all the tags out. This is what i want.
    When a user types a message using your editor i don't want all the javascript tags or any iframe tags etc showing up in  the email body when the webmaster receives it.  I am not saving any info in the database.

Right now i can type <script>alert("This is a Test!")</script> in the editor and when a user click the SEND button,the email shoots up to the webmaster. And the tag <script>alert("This is a Test!")</script> is in the email body.  I want this to show up  &lt;script&gt;alert("This is a 1111Test!")&lt;/script&gt;      so it is stripping all the tags out in the email body before it sends out the email.
    Right now it is not doing this.

This is what i have.

<CE:Editor

ConfigurationPath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/AutoConfigure/newminimal.config"

id="editor" ShowHtmlMode=false ShowBottomBar=false

runat="server" >

</CE:Editor>

I hope i make sense now.

•  01-11-2011, 8:10 PM 65683 in reply to 65677

Hi coolaggie,

Input the code below in normal view and than switch to html view to check the code.

<script>alert("this is a test");</script>

Does it works for your? Or this issue only happen on your side? If so, please send the test page url to Kenneth@CuteSoft.net, I will check it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Ken
  •  01-13-2011, 11:33 AM 65710 in reply to 65683

Hi i emailed my project yesterday. let me know if u received it or not.
    Thanks
  •  01-13-2011, 8:40 PM 65716 in reply to 65710

Ho coolaggie,

I have not receive your mail.

Regards,

ken
  •  01-14-2011, 11:35 AM 65727 in reply to 65716

The email came back.  it says it exceeds the maximum size attached. Remote host said: 552 Message size exceeds maximum allowed size of 5242880. Closing transmission channel.
     i will just copy and paste the code in the email body then.
    Thanks

View as RSS news feed in XML